ForumsWEPRPrices going down

21 4885
Gavan
Gavan
12 posts
Nomad

In the place I live, the gas prices are actually going down! Do you think that it is just a simple one-time thing or do you think it could lead to something bigger, like a big drop of prices, enough to make it go back to $1.80!

I think that it could lead to something, but not going back down to $1.80, maybe around $2.45.

• 21 Replies
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

OK Gavin. This is one of those things that will never go back to it used too. Like the Simpsons. I love it when they start off with showing the whole family's day. They show it every once in a while but it will never be permanent. Gas prices won't change severely man. I do have a story about it though. In Southern California, it went almost to 4.70! However, all of a sudden, it went to 4.40. I was like, " Holy crap, it's the apocalypse! It is now about 4.10 for gas around here. It is still very high. This is one of those things to make you think it's low so you buy it a lot again and waste it.

im_tha_man
im_tha_man
394 posts
Nomad

The thing is...If everyone has noticed, they lower the prices to make us happy, and then when we least expect it they raise gas prices again and we start complaining then a few months later they lower it back to the high price it was at at first. EX: the high prices you hated at first were at $3.50 then they lowered it to $3.25 then raise it again to $3.75 then lower it to $3.50 then raise it to $4.00 and this is just an example so don't freak on me for it, but yes this is what they do so we don't end up not buying gas and just riding our bikes instead and eventually people are going to get sick of the prices and riding their bikes or walking to work instead, or the U.S. is going to go into poverty and it's the great depression all over again, and I really hope to not live to see that day, because it will be a sad and horrible day.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

Ha ha in Ireland every place went down 4 cent in gas prices =P

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

The thing is...If everyone has noticed, they lower the prices to make us happy

I think you explained pretty much what has happened. Our tolerance for gas prices has grown very huge. Last year, gas prices were around $3 a gallon. We all thought it would never go over $4 a gallon. They raised it to $3.25 and we all were shocked. It went down to about $3.15 and then made its way to $3.50 before stopping. Now we made it to $4 a gallon and we would all love to see the gas prices just go under $3.50. Last year, we never even thought it would make it up this high.
thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

@GreatZulu

A $48 million profit is bad? You realize oil companies employ millions of people. Millions are making a living and able to raise families because oil companies treat them well and pay them to work. With the tens of millions that are employed in the oil industry, a $48 million profit is justified.

And you realize that much of the profit is then put back into the economy, charity, or awareness projects (like global warming and alternate fuels).

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

The reason oil is so high is because we are buying foreign oil. We are not drilling our own, thus the foreign countries can do what they want with the prices. Most of our (america's) foreign oil comes from the middle east, and right now, they are in a huge conflict. I'm sure some oil facilities are destroyed,and if oil gets so bad, we have billions of gallons of reserve oil stocked up. The gas companies are down with Bush, though, and they are making a nice wad of cash by making average humans suffer.

Showing 16-21 of 21