ForumsSupport ForumWarn Level

24 4020
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

What if, on everybodys, "side profile" there was a warn level, to tell you how many warnns you have?
Like, say there was a set level of 5, and every time you got one, a mod could click a button that added one to the bar?
so like:
Warn Level:
-----

you get warned

warn level:
|----

• 24 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I don't like the idea. Right now mods just warn if they see fit and tell the user to not persist. If he does, he is banned. Simple as that. Seems to work perfectly fine. Complicating it with a system seems like de-evolution when things work perfectly as is.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

yeah, but what if the mods forget? Theyre not, you know, super man guys O.O

Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

or are they?

But, seriously, this system couldn't hurt. I think it's a good Idea.

And for serious things you could get more than one.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Mods have lists, they don't just memorize. And they tend to have repeat offenders for big things so it's not like AG is an evil place. Plus warn levels would just become some sort of status thing, people trying to be cool with high warn status or something.

Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

More like people being cool with low...

and maybe less abilities with higher level (lose ability to rate->comment->forum post)

Chaze100
Chaze100
479 posts
Peasant

the thing about losing the ability to commenting games is that i would probably quit.............

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

This would just become ridiculous. Treating everyone like four year olds removing privileges. It's you get warned. Then banned. It's simple and effective, if someone needs more then one warning and persists to act like a jackass then he's asking for it.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

I think that it would be an okay idea but just a question how many chances?

masta_cheef
masta_cheef
670 posts
Nomad

one problem about it is if other people see someone who has a high level and then they make fun of him/her. then other people would get higher warn levels and then a vicious cycle would take place and never end.

AaronM
AaronM
120 posts
Nomad

Wow I can't believe I didn't think of this its a great idea I must say.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Mods usually don't ban under a standard. Also the warnings wear off after while so no big deal, but this could tell the other mods that this person was warned several times by another mod.

So I don't agree or disagree.

masta_cheef
masta_cheef
670 posts
Nomad

you could also just have it on your page and no one else can see it. just to remind yourself not to spam or harass other armor knights(armor knights are the users)

Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

ya it seems like a good idea until u think about it for a few minutes

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Well First off, You really shouldn't be doing anything that you should get warned for in the first place

Second off, I really don't want to be warned like a little kid, if I do something wrong, let me know so I can correct it.

Third off, that is a bad idea and should not be taken seriously. to find out why read one and two.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

We all have our own systems, but we know who has been warned and who hasn't. Different actions get different repercussions, so this wouldn't really be helpful. Plus, general users wouldn't need to know this sort of thing, I wouldn't want people getting spammed just because they have high warnings. )

Showing 1-15 of 24