ForumsSupport ForumWarn Level

24 4022
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

What if, on everybodys, "side profile" there was a warn level, to tell you how many warnns you have?
Like, say there was a set level of 5, and every time you got one, a mod could click a button that added one to the bar?
so like:
Warn Level:
-----

you get warned

warn level:
|----

• 24 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Dragon Mistress pretty much said it all right there, and also thanks for getting rid of all of the spam topics on here.Anyways it would cause privacy issues for people, and the mods don't really need it.So that's that.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

I would love that idea, so some members would know when to stay clean of spam.

KiLLaH1234567
KiLLaH1234567
248 posts
Nomad

Rip off of AOL's warning system. :\\

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

I don't like it. I mean, it's obviously not promoting to the site, but removing privileges is not the way to go, and I doubt mods will ever go down to the level of "well, you were warned." No one would like to know that a mod has marked them off as like an AG criminal, and it would cause alot of social issues. I could see a club being made of "Pure Players" or something like that, or another of "Repeat Offenders" or whatever, and people would be thinking twice adding other people, like "Oh, this guys get three warnings, he's probably a bad apple." or "Oh, this guy seems like a pompous idiot, what with his tons of AP and zero warnings, all he'll do is brag all day." You have to see ahead and look out for things like this, you see?

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

Lawl, I like your explanation of that, Florglee. I agree with what you've said, as well. Though on the moderation side there might be something similar to this, on the user side, there is no need for others to be embarrassed and their warnings shown to others. Often, new members are warned because they don't know any better, but that is no need for them to be ostracized for their actions.

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
584 posts
Nomad

Maybe this would be better off if the warning system was a private matter to the user and mods. That way generalizations like that wouldn't be made.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yeah, if this idea really does happen, it definitely needs to be private. There's no need for people to know how many times some one got warned. It would cause a lot of spam, like "wow, dude, you have a lot of warnings" or "Great, no warnings!" So I don't like the idea.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Why does everyone want to complicate things. We have a perfectly fine system that is working quite well and everyone wants too add more and more and more to it when no change is needed. The mods have things under control.

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

I don't think this is a good idea. Mods allready know who is warned, and who is banned, so there would be no value in adding this as a feature to the site at all. Besides, there was a thred just like this one made not too long ago, and Carlie herself said that it isn't a good idea.

Showing 16-24 of 24