ForumsSupport ForumIntroductions

21 3658
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Well, we recently implemented this into our site and it is truly working great! The idea is that we have a category for member introductions! This way we won't have to reach out to new members and help them. They could simply post saying "wazzzzzzup" and we could reach out to the this way! I wuv diz ideaz! But that is just me so....

• 21 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Do you mean a sort of 'newbie' forum?

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

A completely new category titled "Introductions" so new members can post saying "hi" and "wazzzzzzupp" but much longer than just one word

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Exactly what is your idea? I think I misundestood the part after "The idea is...".

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

U_U dude it really works on our forum. This way we do not have to go searching for new members. They come to us.... T_T

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

I don't know, but I really don't think that's necessary...

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

If someone really wanted to be known on the forums, they should just voice their opinions on the parts of the forums that interest them...

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

See now were talking It really helps us out over on our site.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

It sounds good, it'll help new folk make friends and such.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Wouldn't that just encourage new members to spam?

Lilboi3000
Lilboi3000
230 posts
Nomad

Yeah, this might actually work.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

this sounds really dumb. When I entered the site a few months ago, I knew no one. I got involved in the forums and I knew people. I think that the newbies should post in the forums and not just be lazy. This is a bad idea

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

I suppose it would...well, maybe if we made it so there was no AP rewarded, or something completely different than a forum altogether. I'd suggest a "Bulletin Board", but someone else suggested something by that name, just can't remember who or what.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

That is what your profile is for. That would just get really annoying and it just is not a good idea. If newbs want to make friends, do it just like everyone else did!

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

there would of course be guidelines for introductions!

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

This is a good idea, it would help new members make some friends, but I think it would encourage them to spam, they would just break the guidelines like spammers do everywhere else.

Showing 1-15 of 21