ForumsWEPRWill the goverment be overthrown?

24 4415
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

I just want to know what you people think about the goverment and if it will be overthrown whether that be sooner or later

• 24 Replies
TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

If we are talking about America, the answer is no. There are two main reasons why. Here they are...

1) Lazymerica is a more appropriate name. Face it, most of America is lazy. We all just sit here and complain instead of taking action. We are all waiting for someone else to do it. None of us want to be the person who does the most work. So, we all just live our daily lives knowing something needs to change. Will we see change? No, because no one has the balls to stand up to the government. I just realized this had a couple reasons in it but they all revolve around us being lazy. Next point...

2) We are too diverse to stand together. Mainly religion and race tear us apart. It is interesting since my grandpa said we will never unite as a whole country based on those two things. People will believe their religion or race is perfect while others will disagree. How can you get these people to unite? You simply can't. We would need a unified population to overthrow the government. We will never be unified so we will never overthrow the government.

Summary: We are lazy and different from each other so the overthrow of the government is never going to happen.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Yes, but under all that diversity, we are still all the same. We are the same organism. We are the same species. We all have the same organs. Maybe not the same perfect organs but that's just crazy. If we all realize this and not let our pride do the talking, we wouldn't ever need to take down the government.

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

thank you for commenting and you do bring up a good point, America is pretty lazy and we are very diverse. I just hope that Americans haven't gotten so lazy that no one will do anything, and i am talking about America.

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

Most Americans are content with the political system in place. Of course, changes are needed, but that's what democracy is for. Changes will come, maybe slowly.

But America is not a brutal dictatorship which controls its citizens by military and police force. There really is no reason to overthrow the government.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

I just hope that Americans haven't gotten so lazy that no one will do anything

Trust me, we are already there. Look at the amount of people who won't even do something to help slow down global warming. That is much more simple than overthrowing the government.

Yes, but under all that diversity, we are still all the same.

You stated the problem right here...

If we all realize this and not let our pride do the talking

People have too much pride in their religion or race. Most people think they are better than everyone else. Face it, who would you save, yourself or your friend? This diversity causes us to pull away from each other. I wish we could all just accept each other but that is not possible.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I hope so. I'll be a revolutionary.

Of course, changes are needed, but that's what democracy is for. Changes will come, maybe slowly.

We don't have democracy here.

The imperialist state here is awful
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

@ Drace
But it's better then everywhere else!
@ Topic
I think so. As time passes, it will get power-hungry and crumble.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Even if we were to get a whole bunch of people together to fight the government, they would probably lose anyways because of the military might of ours.We don't really need a change in government anyways.China on the other hand might, because of people like the Buddhist protesters and such.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

The American Government will not be overthrown. Its simply because Americans are to lazy. Just like TotalReveiw said. One thing is our gas prices are rising and none of us do a thing. We sit on the couch while the news says
"A new oil price record has been set" and all we do is say
"What a shame."
Instead of us using bikes or walking we go to the Prius Hybrid which has actually been proven to get worse gas mileage and take up more gas than the normal car.
Back before America became a dominant country the American people would do everything they could for their family. The American people would actually have jobs! Now all the major companies are laying people off, and people are quitting expecting that everything will just come to them. All those major companies are hiring people outside the USA for minimum wage, replacing us. All we do is say
"What a shame."
So if these things have happened and we haven't done anything about it yet the chances are we wont. All we are going to do at most is sigh get up, drive around the corner and get fast food. We wont even strike.
So therefore the closest thing to the Government being overthrown is an American citizen changing the channel when a debate come on.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

But it's better then everywhere else!

True, but we must take the next step, Xzeno.
It was nice o freedom in the 17-1800s but now we must make a change again.
thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

@Drace

Did you just say the US was a free state in the 17-1800's? You sir, need a history lesson.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

What I mean is that the US took the first steps to a more democratic form of government.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I am going to assume you are talking America.

Answer: No.

Are Military and law enforcement is way to strong to be overthrown by the people. It would be like America VS. Canada.

Not happening.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

That's not how rebellions work. They don't just get a big rebel army and fight. It would be a gorilla war. And without the aid of it's people, the government can't function.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

@Xzeno,again its unlikely that people would be willing to risk their lives for such trivial things,when they won't even bother complaining about it half the time, and expect some one else to do it.Now their are people protesting against things such as the war, and all of that.If you don't believe me than go to the White Houses Gate,and you will see actual protesters, or at least the last time I checked they were there, and who knows while your there you might meet a random hippie and a couple of beggars like I did,over the 3 times I visited, but anyways my point is even though there are some people who aren't as lazy alot of people don't know how to adapt to change,and go against the government.

Showing 1-15 of 24