Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Divided We Stand

Thread Locked

Posted Feb 18, '08 at 9:57pm

ShinigamiSama

ShinigamiSama

76 posts

Government is slow and corrupt by nature. The only alternative to a lengthy bureaucracy is anarchy.

Posted Feb 21, '08 at 5:13pm

rj28

rj28

158 posts

can u say that in english

Posted Feb 21, '08 at 7:46pm

chiliad_nodi

chiliad_nodi

652 posts

Government will always become corrupt. The only way to get rid of a democracy is by opposing all forms of government.
(that was the translation)

(this is my answer)
You are right, but when the anarchy wins they will take over, forming a government themself.

Posted Feb 21, '08 at 7:48pm

firetail_madness

firetail_madness

21,761 posts

nice translation. Anarchy...divide we stand corrupt. What??? Oh...really? I'm lost

Posted Feb 21, '08 at 9:31pm

Moegreche

Moegreche

3,385 posts

Government cannot become corrupt. Politics cannot become corrupt. Only people can do that.
Also, there are plenty of ways to get rid of a democracy without opposing all forms of government. Examples: a monarchy, a police state, a dictatorship, a republic, etc.

There have been some pretty compelling arguments against democracy. It is purely the rule of the mob, which (according to Thomas Hobbes) will lead directly to anarchy.

Posted Feb 21, '08 at 10:00pm

chiliad_nodi

chiliad_nodi

652 posts

Those forms of government allow all power to the ruling group. Plus america is not a true democracy. It is a democratic republic. There is a difference.
Our democratic republic has only one big flaw: most people who are smart enough to realize that the jobs are demanding don't take them. Only those with high dreams and no solid plans think that being politically powerful is easy and fun, and are also enough enough to understand today's mob psycology and politics.

Posted Feb 21, '08 at 10:10pm

Eyes

Eyes

146 posts

That's the point. If one small group has all the power it ceases to be a democracy.

I would say that there are flaws in every type of government. It would be pretty hard to make a system that could apease everyone.

Posted Feb 21, '08 at 10:42pm

chiliad_nodi

chiliad_nodi

652 posts

You are right. The piont I was trying to make is that it is easier for a monarchy or dictatorship to have the whole government (small amount of people) corrupt than a democratic republic (large amount of people.) Yet, by forming political parties, America managed to have corrupt government officials.

Posted Mar 18, '08 at 6:40pm

MrMonkey3

MrMonkey3

525 posts

I agree i ask my friends who their parent's are voting for (most of my friends can't vote) and they say "whoever wins the democratic or republican nomination" How does that make sense some people don't even know what the person they're voting for satnd for . In my opinion not voting at all is better than voting for someone that you don't agree with then voting for them then complaining that they're messing up the country. One more thing, I also don't like people who vote for good presidents sons'/daughters' or vice versa for bad presidents they're not their parents we should listen to them and what their beliefs are not what their parnets stood for or what they did.

Posted Mar 18, '08 at 6:46pm

Megamickel

Megamickel

946 posts

Finally, someone says this. This is why the 2-party system sucks and we need to have more (viable) independent candidates.

Though, in truth, I'll stand behind whoever the president is, and if need be, I'll die fighting for them.