ForumsSupport ForumOnline/offline dot

23 3555
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I think that a green or red dot should show up next to your friends' names at the bottom of your profile, depending if they are online or offline. This would mean you could know who is online without having to go and check every body's profile and look at the dot next to their name. What do you think?

• 23 Replies
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

I think it's simpler Klaus's way, or maybe under there name it could say online in brackets, or offline.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I think having their name in green or red would be better than having online in brackets, or having a dot next to their name.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

If their name was green then how would we tell them apart from the admins who's names are already green now, and wouldn't they have to make the names of mods green or red as well.You guys need to think some of this stuff through before you start going off saying "oh yeah this is a awesome idea nothing could go wrong."

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

It would only be green on your profile, not on the community at the bottom. They're text wouldn't be green or anything either. You need to realize all the aspects of this idea before you come here and start telling us that it's stupid.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Maybe by your friends list it should have a link that says, "See who's online!" When you click it, it takes you to a list of your friends that are online. I think name color could be confusing. New people might think they were admins or something like a mod.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yeah, that might work, but I still think the name color would be alright, because Carlie's name isn't green if you have her on your friends list.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yeah, I think mrtim's idea is the best.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

the dot next to the names is ok, the name color is better, but being able to change through the ideas is the best!

Showing 16-23 of 23