ForumsWEPRhanging clothes.

22 4225
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

is the government seriously gonna ban hanging clothes to dry out in some states??

• 22 Replies
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

if they were...thats wierd plus i never heard of that

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Now where did you hear/read that? I never heard of it, but I would definately love a link to a new article or something like that.

Midnightday
Midnightday
86 posts
Nomad

Yeah they did that in Downtown Baltimore. They say it's because it looks bad. But some people can't afford electricity to run driers when they can just hang them up.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

yeah its the most stupid thing.

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

i like it. i could save lots of money and save electricity. it's possible for me to do that but what about people who live in the city or near dirt roads? that would suck.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

It does look kinda bad, but there's no reason it should be illegal. That's overreacting a bit.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

yeh

chowdollas
chowdollas
672 posts
Nomad

maybe the dude who hung his clothes up was a Governor and got his clothes stolen so he made it illegal

juanquapha
juanquapha
2 posts
Nomad

Truth about line drying clothes.

Fact: There is nothing unconstitutional about hanging clothing outdoors, unless its text is deemed unconstitutional.

Fact: line drying clothing is GREEN and we need to preserve and perhaps enforce people to save electricity and recycle things

IMHO, we should all try to line dry some of our clothing, even only one load per person per month would make a huge difference!

~~JC

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

probably.
but someone said it was illegal in downtown baltimore

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
585 posts
Nomad

You probably should've had a better resource before bringing here. I doubt that there's any controversy about hanging clothes to dry them out.

Midnightday
Midnightday
86 posts
Nomad

They are just trying to make it less "ghetto" or whatever.
They really don't have that much of a reason, and I don't know if they legalized it but it was on the news and It's just a dumb law.

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

this is a good mix of irony and stupidity, for one thing there are many people trying to save energy, money, and c02 for global warming. and hanging your clothes out to dry has been one of the many ways to save such things. i think it is a law intruding in your own rights...you own the clothes, house, and someone said it is illegal to do in downtown baltimore, most people will have aggreaments with the person sharing the line and benefiting you both

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

george bush no good.

iPC
iPC
146 posts
Nomad

The "government" is too general. No, Congress did not pass a law that tells a specific area that they cannot hang-dry their clothing. In some neighborhoods, the planning boards and such may dictate that they want uniformity. They can tell people what color to paint their houses, how often they have to mow their lawns, and so forth.

Showing 1-15 of 22