ForumsSupport Forumhey awsome idea

17 3266
killingman
killingman
541 posts
Nomad

There should be a player of the week. What do you think i think it is a great idea there should be a boy player of the week and a girl player of the week.

• 17 Replies
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

There already is kind of a player of the month, it's whoever wins the current leaderboard. But that's just who gets the most points in a month, this would be cool if it was like Most Helpful Player of the Week.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

eh i dont think thats important

Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

How would they do girl/boy...some ppl don't give gender.

Aside from the boy/girl thing, I think it's cool, but the moda and admins would half to work even more to find good ones.

That's a great idea, tho!

soccer_mylife
soccer_mylife
388 posts
Nomad

that is a pretty cool idea but how would you tell who the player of the week

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

A Player of the Week? Oh, I don't know, I feel like giving other people a chance to win something. =pppppppp

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Thegamesman, please don't spam for AP. If a mod sees this, they lock it. If a mod doesn't, then they probably don't want to. You don't have to ask to lock it. Thanks.

-ManBearPig

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I could see people getting quite upset over not making it to player of the week, and I think a lot of people would spam to get their points up to get on the list.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Why can't Moderators and Admins pick them? It's like picking Moderators except a lot smaller. Moderators aren't corrupt. Pick 5 boys and 5 girls and have a poll open to only members that you think are truthful. I also see no Gamesman on the topic ManBearPig.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

It would just cause more spam. It would also increase spammy comments on games that don't help the game developer at all. If I submitted a game, I would like constructed reviews.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Why can't Moderators and Admins pick them? It's like picking Moderators except a lot smaller. Moderators aren't corrupt. Pick 5 boys and 5 girls and have a poll open to only members that you think are truthful. I also see no Gamesman on the topic ManBearPig.

Hmm... I really wouldn't want to put mods/admins in this position. People are bound to get upset that they did not get nominated.
ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

PenguinAkoIrby- His post probably got deleted.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

A. How would we judge this (player of the week?" Would it just be on AP, or would it be how many posts they make? or would it be something else? or would it be a mix of those?
B. Who would vote? Would it be the admin and mods, or would it be open to all players?
C. People would probably get upset and complain to the mods on how they didn't get player of the week, which is going to make them cranky, and the whole site will be a mass of stressed, cranky people.
D. I really see no benefeit for the site or the good of the community. It is just going to cause more headaches and more spam. You know that there are people that just want to be better than everyone else.

JoyLord
JoyLord
42 posts
Nomad

I think there should just be oneplayer of the week

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I think firetail_madness is doing something like this,on his box office.This week road_ripper won player of the week.

Chaze100
Chaze100
479 posts
Peasant

i can see most helpful of the week but nt just player of the week because that could make some people feel down.

Chaze100

Showing 1-15 of 17