ForumsWEPRIt's tough to tackle bigotry when...

3 2617
th3pr3tz3l
th3pr3tz3l
189 posts
Nomad

That is a link to a great opinion article I read in a newspaper the other day. It tackles the idea of people becoming over-sensitive, and complaints about hurt feelings are getting more and more profitable.

I won't type the whole article here, but some people don't like to look at links so I will post some of the ridiculous lawsuits, and accusations.

-Don Cherry was censured by the CBC after complaints for his assements of European and French-Canadian hockey players.

-Radio Personality Bruce Allen was investigated by the Canadian Broadcast Standards Council after complaints about his comments on immigrants seeking special treatment.

If you want to find one that is the worst of all, reading the article would be my suggestion.

Do you think people are getting Over-Sensitive with these issues? Is there any way to stop it? Do you think it's just the way it should be?

• 3 Replies
Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

I saw on TV that thing about the Mr. T commercial. When I saw it, all I could do was laugh at how ridiculous the guest was being. It was a funny commercial, and whether that guy saw it as homosexual is his problem.

I agree, like people can sue now for people hurting their feelings because of the "trauma"? Come on, everyone knows you'll get over it. Freedom of speech, and just because they made you sad doesn't mean they're getting in the way of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happyness.

This generation needs to start making its own #%@& dang money, and stop trying to get-rich-quick off of law suits.

Geez

irken21
irken21
33 posts
Nomad

Too many people are thin-skinned now. People take a small joke and make it into a huge deal. Also just because one person takes something one way doesn't mean all people see things the same way. Like the commercial with Mr. T. I don't actually remember seeing it, but if I had I would have thought it was just a guy power walking. By making a huge stink out of small things, people reinforce some stereotypes.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

This generation needs to start making its own #%@& dang money, and stop trying to get-rich-quick off of law suits.

Businesses are get-rich-quick...
Or even if its not so quick, its MUCH easier and more efficient way of profit then actual work.
Showing 1-3 of 3