ForumsWEPRDetroit Mayor Jailed

24 4860
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Detroit mayor Kwame Killpatrick was jailed today for going against probation.

The whole thing started with some explicit text messages that were sent by Kilpatrick to a nother worker on a cell phone paid for by the city. People dug into him, and the found nothing but corruption and greed. He was using taxpayer money to buy expensive cars and jet rides to vacation spots. When he was tried in court he told the judge that he had city business, but the good judge and jury saw through that, and they charged him with a probation that he had to tell the court where he was going if he was leaving Detroit. Just a couple days ago, he went to Windsor without telling the court, and now he's in jail. Go here for more info.

Question 1. Do you think that he stillll deserves to be mayor when he is released?

Question 2. Do you think that we can allow this kind of corruption to go unchecked in the government?

Also, write down what you think overall about this man.

• 24 Replies
chowdollas
chowdollas
672 posts
Nomad

no he does not deserve to be mayor

and the government does this stuff all the time

i don't like him

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

By the way, he currently has a stand- in mayor and is expected to be released for further sentencing tomorrow

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

For question one, he does seem like a good mayor of Detroit except for the taxpayer dollars scam. If he can get some self-control and not get a little cucu cachoo, he could still be a pretty good mayor

For question two, this happens at least every year.

He's OK. Not the best but better than some.

Kanos
Kanos
175 posts
Nomad

I'm not from America but it seems your politician on any level are corrupt as they come!!

Midnightday
Midnightday
86 posts
Nomad

I guess power can take over people sometimes.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Here comes my Kwame rant since I live only about 45 minutes from Detroit.

He is the worst mayor to ever live. He is the dirtiest crook I have ever seen. I believe him and Jennifer Granholm work together to get each other the votes. Why does Detroit have horrible economy? It is because of Kwame Kilpatrick. Don't tell me it was already crap before he came. No, he messed it up horribly. If the idiot had just been honest from the beginning, we would not be in this situation. There were the text scandals with Christine Beatty and the both of them lied about the texts. This is called perjury so then Kwame was closely watched. More texts came out and so then two cops had gone to his relative's house to question something. Guess who was there! KWAME! Well, the cops were a white man and a black girl. Kwame told the black girl basically "Why the fuck are you with this cracker?" The white man walks up and Kwame pushes him down the stairs. So now he assaulted a cop and he is our freakin' mayor. It gets better. He was told to not leave the country. He went to Canada. I mean how stupid can you get? That is why he is jailed tonight. He has more hearings regarding the text scandal and such. My question is why this moron has not been kicked out yet.

1) Are you kidding me? That looks so bad for Detroit when we have a mayor who was prisoned while in office. Of course, we will keep voting him in for some unknown reason.

2) All politics are dirty. The Kennedy brothers were even worse than Kwame when it comes to cheating on spouses. Bill Clinton just showed it off. The only way to clean politics is to wipe them out.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

lol@ total

I agree with you, Personally, living not too far from detroit, I think that Kwame should do better than this. He is supposed to be the mayor, not another criminal. He should be cleaning out the gangs and violence in detroit, not get put up in jail. Detroit's rep is ruined by him. This news is going around the states. It really ticks me off that politicians can't be good for once.

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

I hated the mayor before this.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

I agree with you, Personally, living not too far from detroit, I think that Kwame should do better than this. He is supposed to be the mayor, not another criminal. He should be cleaning out the gangs and violence in detroit, not get put up in jail. Detroit's rep is ruined by him. This news is going around the states. It really ticks me off that politicians can't be good for once.

I am sure people really want to move to Michigan now. I am definitely going to college out of state because of this. Kwame and Granholm killed this state. We were in a little trouble before they came in but they have had enough time to at least make us stable. No, those two greedy politics turn us into a crap hole.

Ugh, I may sound like a psycho but if you live in Michigan, you would know why I am acting this way.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I know what you are talking about. This state (at least the south) is pretty bad. I'd like to move into traverse or Mackinac, or somewhere nice where this dosen't really affect us.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

It isn't really much different anywhere in the state. The south part of Michigan is in worse condition since it mainly relied on the automotive business.

Anyways, did anyone actually hear what he was saying? He said his two kids were watching and he wanted this to be an example for them. He also said that he was sorry for everything. No, the idiot is sorry he got caught. Dang, I have so much anger for him.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

It's times like this when you want to slit a politician's throat

dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

I wasn't too upset at Kwami when I heard he had an affair, as they are all too usual in the world. I was however upset when I learned about the unfair firing of the Police Officer and Kwami's lying under oath.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

My question is why did we vote his mother into Congress? I would not doubt she is as corrupt as him. I mean she gave birth to that monster.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I'm sorry,but everyone knows the Detroit Mayor is a criminal,along with probably half of the cities population.In fact Detroit was nominated as the City of Wrath,when they gave one of the 7 deadly sins to cities around the US.It has the highest crime rate in the US that there is,so this is no shock to me.

Showing 1-15 of 24