ForumsWEPRDetroit Mayor Jailed

24 4868
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Detroit mayor Kwame Killpatrick was jailed today for going against probation.

The whole thing started with some explicit text messages that were sent by Kilpatrick to a nother worker on a cell phone paid for by the city. People dug into him, and the found nothing but corruption and greed. He was using taxpayer money to buy expensive cars and jet rides to vacation spots. When he was tried in court he told the judge that he had city business, but the good judge and jury saw through that, and they charged him with a probation that he had to tell the court where he was going if he was leaving Detroit. Just a couple days ago, he went to Windsor without telling the court, and now he's in jail. Go here for more info.

Question 1. Do you think that he stillll deserves to be mayor when he is released?

Question 2. Do you think that we can allow this kind of corruption to go unchecked in the government?

Also, write down what you think overall about this man.

• 24 Replies
dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I had to go to Detroit for work once. I got jacked. Two thugs mugged me, got my wallet, my work laptop, etc... It was not a nice city.

I've been nearly everywhere in the USA for work and Detroit was the worst city. I've been to Atlanta, Baltimore, LA, Washington, New York, Chicago, and Detroit was the scarriest by far.

chowdollas
chowdollas
672 posts
Nomad

i did not know they had the highest crime rate

chowdollas
chowdollas
672 posts
Nomad

cause i should go to Detroit and do a little neighborhood cleaning

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

At least Detroit was #1 in something.

chowdollas
chowdollas
672 posts
Nomad

i am glad Wichita is not up there

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

today, he was charged with two assault charges on police detectives, and he is expected to face them august 15th. In Michigan, assault is a felony which gives you up to two years in jail. The person charging him is attorney General Mike Cox (heh heh). Mike hopes to jail him in 90 days, and if he is found guilty, he will be forced to step down as mayor.

dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

God, Kwami going to jail, or at least being removed from his position, would be one step in the direction for Detroit. It used to be a great city in the 50's, so says my Grandpa.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Anyways people, this world is needing to learn to forgive and forget. Especially if we are in the revenge section. That always leads to going insane and then wasting a lot of time doing the revenge instead of moving along.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Detroit was a great city. We were and still are the auto Mecca for America, but kwame and Granholm really took Detriot, and all of michigan for that matter, to the crappers.

Showing 16-24 of 24