ForumsProgramming ForumGot flash

13 3750
venturakid94
venturakid94
107 posts
Nomad

I just got the flash demo, and september 1st i get the student discount, so i basically have flash. I dont understand it at all. I sort of get making little video thingies on actionscript 3.0, but thats it. if theres anyone that could help me out, and gimme a little tutorial on flash game making in general, id be really glad.

• 13 Replies
Gfitz07
Gfitz07
203 posts
Nomad

What do you plan on making?

venturakid94
venturakid94
107 posts
Nomad

Not really sure yet, i just need an introduction to programming in general.

venturakid94
venturakid94
107 posts
Nomad

hm flashkit.com seems pretty, good, but thanks anyways

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Check out programming 101 thread. Pretty awesome.

Gfitz07
Gfitz07
203 posts
Nomad

do you have windows or macintosh?

venturakid94
venturakid94
107 posts
Nomad

windows.

Gfitz07
Gfitz07
203 posts
Nomad

Good windows is best for flash because you can right click.
here is a site that helped me a lot!

[url=http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/Flash/1]

venturakid94
venturakid94
107 posts
Nomad

k thanks im lookinga t that now. and btw whats the difference between student and real flash?

Gfitz07
Gfitz07
203 posts
Nomad

i dont know i never had the demo. my mother showed me it when i was young years old and im still not too good at programming and its been 7 years

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

LOL GFITZ! Mac is better for flash because it is better integrated, less chance of failure on Mac(I would know I have it for both) and you CAN right click on mac. Either with a mouse or ctrl + click.

venturakid94
venturakid94
107 posts
Nomad

well idk cuz ive never had a mac, and im thinking of getting linux . but thanks klaus

Gfitz07
Gfitz07
203 posts
Nomad

Flash hasnt failed once on my windows. yet i forgot that you can use mouses with 2 buttons on a mac. a guess mac is better then.

Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

student version = no commercial productions -- you can't make money from your productions.

I learned part from my computer teacher but mostly from trial-and-error and the help screen (tutorial examples really help with the syntax), so just look through that and flashkit's cool, too.

Let me know if u hav any problems : )

Showing 1-13 of 13