ForumsSupport ForumCommunity Bar?

35 5066
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

I joined Ag quite awhile ago, and didn't know there even was a forum until pretty recently, because the Community button is stuffed up in the corner, and the word Community next to Store and Blog and Submit made me think it wasn't even part of AG. I'm sure we'd get more people in Forums if we changed the name to Forums, and maybe made it easier to spot.

• 35 Replies
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

that is a great idea!

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Well, most sites I go to are changing it to community instead of forums. I do believe it should be shown off more. Maybe make that bar up top a little bigger so it is more noticeable.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Maybe we could have ads for it also? Like I remember there was an AG ad on AG.. well maybe a AG Community ad lol. Also I like community better than forum, feels more at home!

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

I have a simple solution. Call it Forum Community. Sweet and to the point.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Forum Community is a long name, I just think community would be better.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

When I was looking for the forums I knew right away its the community button so I disagree.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I think that we just should getrid of the community and post it as forums, there is not anything else here but forums anyway. If we had a chat or IM or something here, than it would be different.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

I wasn't saying Forum Community, just Forums. And it should be a big, noticeable button, like the genre buttons at the top. Or take all the things on that bar and make a nice big sidebar for them. And ads would be a good idea.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Uhh, that's essentially what we're saying.

bobert
bobert
176 posts
Nomad

I don't think we have to change the name, just make the button more prominent. If I just played on the site, i would almost never hit those links, because they aren't neccesary if you are just playing games

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Yeah, and even if someone knew it was a Forum, they probably wouldn't go to it, because most people on AG care most about AP, and they wouldn't know you get 1 AP per post.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

we should have a suggestion box when we log on.like

"have you tried the community?" and then a short simple writing telling you what it is.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

yeah but to people that dont know of it and to people that arent really technological..no not the same the new is different it tells about events and other stuff.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Wouldn't that be same as the news feed at the left on the homepage?

silentclore
silentclore
297 posts
Nomad

True I guess it is confusing that way but i found out quickly where it was so doesn't seem like a problem to me.

Showing 1-15 of 35