ForumsWEPRFree rice for 3rd world countries

27 5242
greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

http://www.freerice.ca/ is a site that donates to 3rd world countries..plz consider going on it....its not to hard and its free!

• 27 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

actually drakokirby if 2000 grains of rice is a meal then it would be 1/100 of a meal.I think I understand how this works.It takes determination to make something like this to work,but not only that alot of people working on this together could help donate tons of rice,so you need to consider that.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Uh, I didn't get that last line. Hehe. I guess I was thinking of something else while posting it. Well, if everyone that was active on this site, probably around 300, 400 tops, got enough rice every day, for one meal, that would help as time goes on. 400 meals a day for a 3rd world country. 400*30= 12,000 meals a month.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Thats alot of rice.At first I thought you said 12000 grains of rice though.I think that is a plausibility though.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Of course it is. If everyone listen to "If everyone Cared", they will be inspired to donate rice, help 3rd world countries and I can go find a monkey that can use an Uzi and a Shotgun while waiting.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

uh drakokirby are you alright in the head.That comment didn't make any sense what so ever.

morbid_giggle
morbid_giggle
137 posts
Nomad

I donated a little of 20,000 grains of rice when I first discovered freerice.com but i havent really been back much since. I'll have to do it again.

Waterpologuy
Waterpologuy
227 posts
Nomad

Thats a good site, I was thinking about donating to it.

Waterpologuy
Waterpologuy
227 posts
Nomad

I made aloooot of rice already!

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

This is awesome, I'm only at 1000 grains but I'm planning to donate more.

Waterpologuy
Waterpologuy
227 posts
Nomad

YES! I made 1,000 grains of rice!!! It was hard work!!

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

A meal is not 2,000 grains of rice. One cup of rice is approximately 7,200 grains of rice; the average American will eat that one cup, with chicken, potatoes, a brownie, and a salad (because that makes the overeating healthier); a poor person would probably eat about three-quarters of a cup of rice per meal (depending on their size). Three quarters of 7,200 grains is 4,900 grains, 4,900 grains * 3 meals is 14,700 grains of rice a day. My original approximation is correct.
Also on a necessary calorie base about this much is needed, the BMR(Base Metabolic Rate, the amount of energy needed for heartbeat, respiration, and other homeostasis activities) is approximately 12 times body weight in kilo-calories, a 150 pound person needs 1800 kilo-calories daily, however a person used to eating less has a decreased metabolic rate. A cup of rice has almost 700 kilo-calories so eating two and a quarter cups of rice (15,000 grains) daily is about the amount of food they need to survive.
Q.E.D.

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

the best thing now they could do is not "doanting 10 grain if you get a word right"

maybe they can help them make a plantation?

Showing 16-27 of 27