ForumsSupport Forum"suggestion box"

20 3295
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

me and florglee22 came up with an idea that after you log in theres a suggestion box that suggests to you..lets say this as an example..

"have you tried the comunity"
then it writes out a short description about the community and it has a link that asks you above the sugg. box "go to homepage" and florglee22 thought of this part.if you want to know more stuff you click next..and if you get anoyyed there should be a "disable sugg. box"option
what does everyone think?

• 20 Replies
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

its florglee2 everyone.

yeah.but you could disable it.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

meh, i think this is just to much coding to deal with. But, it does sound nice for the new members. Might get annoying to me though.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

The main aim of the Suggestion Box would be to let newer members know about the Forums, which doesn't see alot of people because it's kinda hidden, and teach them about not spamming and such, as well as familiarize them with mods and admins.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

What could happen is an automated introduction message that shows up as soon as the account is activated. the message could tell about all the features of AG, and would be less annoying...

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

im with florglee on this one not because we thought of it cuz people usually dont care about readin extra stuff on the emails..they just want to activate it. and as i said before IT CAN BE DISABLED

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Essentially what your suggesting, Agent 86, is a tutorial, am I right? Well, that may work, but I personally wouldn't prefer that.

bobert
bobert
176 posts
Nomad

I think this is a pretty good idea to get members to be shown to the forums.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

No, not part of the Email, have the tutorial as a message in their message box on their page automatically.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

that could work to..or both????? no too much. but would the people know about there profile?cuz i didnt pay attention to the control panel for about a week then said wats this then clicked on it then i found my profile..then 2 weeks ago i found the forums.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

It doesn't take a genius to find the profile. It's the same place where you click to sign in...

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

i know but i just close my page and i stay logged in i dont log out so it works easier for me.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

this will be annoying and dumb. It is pop- ups like these that I have left many- a- website for. These will just cause more problems.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

anybody listen?? there could be a disable option thats why i said if it gets annoying you can DISABLE it.

julesia95
julesia95
88 posts
Nomad

That does sound like a pretty good idea and because of this comment I AM FINALLY A WOOD KNIGHT!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Chaze100
Chaze100
479 posts
Peasant

i think this is a good idea, but i would turn it off because i know all of it already but this would be great if your a new member of AG

Chaze100

Showing 1-15 of 20