ForumsThe TavernWow

6 2145
dahui58
dahui58
51 posts
Nomad

I joined a few months ago, but I've never got any AP before the beginning of this week, as I never used to log in before playing the games. At the start of this week I finally got round to leaving ratings and comments, and now after about 6 hours I'm the third level (Serf on a gold plate), which isn't too bad, but I'm already in the top 4000 users out of 122,000!! WTF is with that? Do people just make an account and then never use it. Maybe you should make games only playable to members, otherwise not many people will work on getting their AP up. Also whenever I vote and comment a game, I go up by about 100 places!! I know this should kind of be in the suggestions thread, but I want it to be a discussion as well

• 6 Replies
dahui58
dahui58
51 posts
Nomad

If you rate all the games your at like rank lord..

So? My point is I've already overtook more than 80% (maybe 90% I'm not doing the maths) of this website in a few hours
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Other accounts were used for referrals so people could gain points.

If you rate all the games your at like rank lord..

dahui58
dahui58
51 posts
Nomad

Ya, we have quite a few "dead" accounts here. But now that they are using the new email verification function, more should be actual people. They also removed the referral system because of people creating fake accounts. This accounts for a lot of the idle inactive accounts. Congrats on your gold Serf rank Have fun playing some of the games here!

lol, I wasn't flaunting my rank about =P it's not that high up, I was just saying that at level 3 I'm in the 4000's out of 122,000
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Ya, we have quite a few "dead" accounts here. But now that they are using the new email verification function, more should be actual people. They also removed the referral system because of people creating fake accounts. This accounts for a lot of the idle inactive accounts. Congrats on your gold Serf rank Have fun playing some of the games here!

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

I hope some people stop making random accounts...

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

This one comes up a fair bit, but it's not something endemic to AG, but other sites as well, so it's not unusual.

Do people just make an account and then never use it.

lol, you should read what you first wrote: "I joined a few months ago, but I've never got any AP before the beginning of this week, as I never used to log in before playing the games"

Maybe you should make games only playable to members, otherwise not many people will work on getting their AP up

Do we really want this?
Showing 1-6 of 6