ForumsWEPRThe Chinese Olympic Stadiums Fate

12 3623
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

The Chinese made a huge Stadium purposely for just the Olympics called the Birds Nest.Well after the Olympics are over what do you think will happen to it.Do you think they will keep it and use it for other sports,or do you think they will just throw away the money and scrap it,because they wouldn't have anymore use for it?

• 12 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

You mean they might use it as a national landmark?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Is that supposed to be a question?No matter what they do with afterwords though,its still an awesome stadium though for how much money they put into it.It will be interesting though to see what happens afterwords.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Demolishing it, will be quite unlikely. I'm thinking many sports programs, will start to use that facility to play. Also, it could be used for concerts, gatherings of various sorts, etc.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Yeah of course just like every other building they have created in Beijing, to make it look modernized.

Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

There's already a topic about this

I'm gonna ask to be locked

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

I heard they were going to reduce the seating by about 10,000 and use it as a soccer stadium.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

There's already a topic about this

What are you talking about.Let me see the link.Also if they were to reduce the seating by 10,000.That would still mean that it would be made to fit 80,000 people at one time.I know its a very populace country,but that's still pretty big for soccer.It must be quite popular over there.
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

They're going to keep it. The 2008 Olympics are China's introduction to the world, and they'll want to keep the memory of that.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

It's not that I don't believe you,but it just seems strange to me.A stadium that big over here would probably be used as a universal Superbowl Stadium or something.That way more people could see it in the stadium.That would be nice.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

That is what the TV announcer said... Why amI trusting the biased media? lol

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Whatever they do with it is their business. All I know is that they won't destroy it.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

If you say so Agent_86,but I have a thing about wondering about stuff like this.

Showing 1-12 of 12