127 71368
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I wanted to open up this topic again...
Hopefully I will get some thoughtful responses :-$
______

I think most people have the wrong view of communism.

The "equal pay" and the "you cant achieve anything" are not much to say. One whole thing of communists want to change is taking away the attention of people away from money. People are not born greedy. It is rather that we try to achieve. Who is to say people are born wanting to get more and more money? We just try to achieve goals. Look at Armorgames. The community here does not get anything over another, yet we are working our asses off trying to get AP. What we call greed comes from the process of people getting money, which usually involves "bad" behavior (The business world is cruel). Bill Gates, however rich, is not greedy.

Capitalism is like taking all of a persons freedoms away at birth and selling it to them when they can afford it it. You cant live without money. You rely on others for earning this money, but those who give it to you dont care of you. Employees are just concerned with getting their profit off you. The problem is, the road to getting a good job, housing, medical care, insurances, etc, are very though and cricket. There is no system for it. This is the freedom you supposedly have in capitalism! You are free to build your own road to happiness. Its like letting a baby do whatever he wants when it cant support itself. The mother should take of it. There is no system to get you settled. What communism does is create this system. No its not taking your freedom away, it is helping you by providing free education, health care, housing...

Its sad to see people say communists are evil, lol. Don't worry, we touch the existing evil with gloves on, it does not contaminate us.

• 127 Replies
thisis17charcters
thisis17charcters
41 posts
Nomad

I mean, capitalism in america has free education early on. College is just extra education that you can go for if you want.

As for communism, you need some people to be above others, so they can punish people that do wrong. If everyone is equal, then people will do whatever they want, even if it is bad.

Unbl
Unbl
22 posts
Baron

Communism, like any political or economic ideology, is perfect in theory. The problem with communism, is that it has never worked in practice. Communism fails to recognize that greed fundamentally exists within all of us, the concept that not all individuals have the same goals, and that you cannot have a truly stateless society.

EDIT: Yikes, I accidentally contributed to a necro. I apologize. Please let me know if I need to delete this post.

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

@MrDayCee Do you want to lock this thread? It's a necro that 2 these two ^ posted too.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Let's leave it open and see where it leads... if a proper discussion fails to evolve we can still lock it or leave it to drop off on its own.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

This is now an Ancom thread. Only post content that reaches the empathetic parts of your soul

>

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

It's not ideology that is bad, it's the people who promote it. The ideology is usually just a cover for gaining personal good, like money or power. If you take a look at some historical figures in the past and even present, you can see what I'm trying to say.

LeoBlazes7
LeoBlazes7
31 posts
Jester

communist ideology calls for a stateless classless utopia while capitalism is a more grounded and messy ideology that oppresses the poor. However communism as a functional government ideology is nearly impossible as people are corrupt. Lenin wanted a true communist Russia but that was a naive idea in the battleground of Europe. Capitalism has in fact moulded the world into what it is currently for better or for worse. I respect communist ideology but due to our corruption and greed it is a distant and unrealistic prospect that may never happen.

Showing 121-127 of 127