ForumsSupport ForumAP suggestion

51 6387
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I know this has been suggested about 24928 times before.
I also know they probably won't change the AP system. But just look at it.

Im talkign baout comments and the forums

Comments-2 AP
Forum Posts-1 AP

Which doesn't make sense!For comments you can almost get points for everywhere. People are spamming and stuff sometimes the mods don't even know its there because they can't find it. They can easily find spam in the froums and lock/delete it. Poepel talk to other people a lot and it counts as comments. Talk to about 10 people at a time thats about 20 AP every 9 minutes (i just did it in my head). Its quite easy to start a conversation with some body.

So my main idea is switch the AP for forum posts to comments so its

Comments-1
Forum Posts-2

I am not sayign this because I have 2400 Forum posts

Here what I think.

The Pro of this Idea:
Spam could be caught more easily.
Poeple will not complaing that the everyone in the top 10 has tons of comments and some have like 500 forum posts.
More merits.
The ghost profile spam thing would be less effective.
More people visit the community to get the help they need.

The Con of this idea:
People with a lot of posts would have a lot more AP.
More spam could come up.

Now that I looked at the con part Maybe we could just have it

Comments-1 AP
Forums- 1 AP

• 51 Replies
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

The thing I don't like about, is that alot more people will be participating in intelligent debates, but puting 3 or 4 word posts. It even happens now, and to be honest I get a little angry when someone doesn't even try to somewhat post intelligently in a forum like the World Event, Politics, Religion, Etc. forum.

Now you even posted saying that this idea has already been suggested, so why do it? I'm sure posting in the original thread would work.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

I think the
Comments-1 AP
Forums- 2 AP idea was great....

Kalkara
Kalkara
141 posts
Nomad

I think Comments and forum post point values should be switched

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

thad be kool but spam would increase a lot more like u said

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Theirs always will be someone who posts 3 words to start of a thread. So far, Nickelback has been standing out, doing this repeatably. Does it kill you to at least type a sentence or two? Maybe sound a bit more intellectual?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Ok Ok as I said we could just drop the points of comments.

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Personally, I think that ratings should be worth 1 AP, too. It really isn't hard to jump into a game, click a rating, jump out and move on to another game.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

How about Forum posts 2, comments 2. The same and organized.

hellian00
hellian00
874 posts
Nomad

But then the spam would just multiply here. At least in comments, if they are in profiles, they are easily deleted.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Hmm, you're right. I would like that Idea. But not completely sure.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Yeah I am quite for this 2ap forum posts and 1 for comments. It's annoying that I find myself working hard to post and try and be helpful on the forums, which I tend to be, and then get out-pointed by some kid having spam conversations on comments... :/

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Well most people don't go on the forums.

Knives92
Knives92
232 posts
Nomad

What i think is the comments on profiles should only be 1 AP, but comments on games should still be 2 AP. and still only 1 AP for forum posts, cuz u get AP on none helpful forum posts too, ex. talking about ur favorite video games, music, or movies.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

I like the idea to drop points on comments on profiles to one point, though I like the comments on games to be two points. The thing is, are they distinguishable by the current way the site is written? We should look into this. The main point of this website, as some have forgotten, is gaming, and you should get more points for contributing to games. I'm not sure about changing the points for forum posts, because there are a lot of spam topics lurking around in the forums... but it is easier to spot them.

As it is said on the Help page, the AP distribution is subject to change, so don't be afraid to offer ideas!

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

Then everyone will spam in the forums so no point of that.

Showing 1-15 of 51