ForumsSupport ForumAP suggestion

51 6390
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I know this has been suggested about 24928 times before.
I also know they probably won't change the AP system. But just look at it.

Im talkign baout comments and the forums

Comments-2 AP
Forum Posts-1 AP

Which doesn't make sense!For comments you can almost get points for everywhere. People are spamming and stuff sometimes the mods don't even know its there because they can't find it. They can easily find spam in the froums and lock/delete it. Poepel talk to other people a lot and it counts as comments. Talk to about 10 people at a time thats about 20 AP every 9 minutes (i just did it in my head). Its quite easy to start a conversation with some body.

So my main idea is switch the AP for forum posts to comments so its

Comments-1
Forum Posts-2

I am not sayign this because I have 2400 Forum posts

Here what I think.

The Pro of this Idea:
Spam could be caught more easily.
Poeple will not complaing that the everyone in the top 10 has tons of comments and some have like 500 forum posts.
More merits.
The ghost profile spam thing would be less effective.
More people visit the community to get the help they need.

The Con of this idea:
People with a lot of posts would have a lot more AP.
More spam could come up.

Now that I looked at the con part Maybe we could just have it

Comments-1 AP
Forums- 1 AP

• 51 Replies
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

It would decrease comments spam, but probably increase forum spam, so I think it's okay as it is. Maybe it could be 2 and 2 for each.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

But you have a point. It might be an good idea.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

But the problem is that our points would be mixed up and changed, I am not sure. I might lose king and so would the top 10.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

I think what kevin44 said is a good idea.

HeIIdud296
HeIIdud296
274 posts
Peasant

well if both became 2 all people would spam on both... -_-

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I still say 2ap for forum posts. I would have 1000 more AP... that's alot. And Spamming in the forums is very easy to spot as there is only so much places to do it whereas in comments you can spam 100 thousand places or 900 games.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

but only 1 ap per comments would make ppl lose half their points and many ppl would be mad

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Yes well getting two AP for a "hello" and than being shafted by 1 ap for a huge comment in forums or constructive talking is stupid. People who get points solely or mostly from comments I find are annoying as hell.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

yes klaushouse but would you like losing half your points if comments are onnly 1 ap?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I think that the main consequences of this would be:
* People getting pissed off because they lost a lot of points (most of the Top 10 got the majority of their points this way)
* More spam will be drawn into the forums.

Personally, I like how the forums tend to draw more mature and responsible members. It is refreshing to see less spam in here than when you go and look at game reviews. I think if we made the forums worth more points that it would hurt the community dynamic that we have going on in here.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

That's actually a good point that I didn't think of. If only there was a way to do this covertly and for no one to notice. Maybe make post worth more AP for CERTAIN MEMBERS! Like super cool people status. Ofcourse I would be on that list! 8D

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

I completely agree with you carlie...everyones points would drop dramatically and tons of ppl would quit because they worked hard and then to lose half their points!

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I know we have had quite a few point change suggestions in the past. The most reasonable that I thought was:

0AP for profile posts
2AP for game reviews
1AP for forum posts

But there are reasons why we did not choose to go with this point scheme. For now, the points will not be changing. We have discussed changing them in the past, but for the time being, have decided not to.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

yes it is lol. and doing what your saying klaus would be unfair for others and would make ppl mad to

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

okay. no ap for a profile post would be a bad decision almost everybody gains there ap from posting on a profile and that i think would make a lot of ppl angry

Showing 16-30 of 51