ForumsSupport ForumArmor Games Newsletter.

20 3539
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Lol... So I keep seeing the Armor Games Time thread and once I thought it said Armor Games Times, like a newspaper. So I thought a newspaper(newsletter for online I guess) would be cool. I presume this has probably been brought up before but heck I will bring it back up with some cool ideas. So. I am thinking a weekly newsletter that sends to e-mails. To anyone who wants it anyways, of course this would be optional. Now the AG Newsletter could consist of many little things that are nice to hear. Like a list of new games that came out this week and their current rating, important news that was on the blog or in general about AG. If we implement things like game of the week or month or player of the week we could put him in there. Also since we have some contests going on(GFX contest, Poetry contest) we could post the winners in there too. AG seems to be getting things going on more and I think a newsletter could keep some people well informed. Also if my idea for a forum battles poll comes through it would be a weekly battle type thing which could go in also and that'd be cool. So yeah. Might have been suggested before but AG hasn't had this much stuff going on before I don't think. If anyone has suggestions for what to add to the newsletter post. If enough people enjoy this idea I could throw up a pic of how it would look! :P

• 20 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Yea that would be great, putting all the new things into one place instead on constantly looking around.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I don't think you read anything at all mrtim as that is exactly what I said. Thanks for the spam though.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

I don't know. This is something over-used. On the other hand, only very successful websites do it. On the foot though, it would be very hard to send over 100k newsletters since we don't know who's active. On that other foot though, it would be easier to see what is new

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

That would be interesting. But drako is right, sending over 120,000 newsletters would be hard, I don't think they could do it in a day because of little moderators and administrators.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I think it would be possible.All they would have to do is check something off in the control panel that would start as unchecked and then after that they would automatically start getting the newsletter.The three issues I have though are:

1.Who would put together the newsletter every week/month for people to read?

2.Would it be hard to code in something like this?

3.Would people actually be interested in reading the newsletter?

If those three questions can get answered correctly than I don't see any problem with this idea.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Can the Top 100 get it then? We are most likely to be Active and it would be pretty easy sending 100 of them.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

They have the news section and a blog isn't this enough?

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Yeah because, mostly of the users are just nothing for referraling. So I think they would do about 100 or 200. Wouldn't be that hard.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Everyone checks their E_Mail. I really don't know who visits their except Moderators and Admins.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Well to answer the first questions of sending to 120k people, as someone said(can't remember, was on first page) it would start off as unchecked and if you want it you go and check it off. Any mods could make it, or they could get someone new to be in charge of that. It would be easy to code, all you need to make is one template for it and reuse it every week with new info in it. And also. Things like this aren't sent singularly to 100k people, they have a mailing list and everything is sent at once.

And @Arax: I know you have beef with me but it doesn't mean you have to shoot down a good idea because it comes from me. Unprofessional. :/

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I was actually just thinking this earlier... Klaushouse, you are reading my mind!!! o_O

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Lol why does your comment show as the first comment Carlie. That's pretty magical. Never seen that glitch before.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

I was wondering where Carlie's post was. Well, we know we need to scan the website. Seriously, it's a lot easier to give it too the Top 100 and then some people will ask why they did not get one. Mark them down and give it to them next time and check their name.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I don't understand what you mean could you re-iterate that for me drako? Do you mean sending the newsletter to the top 100? Not sure, but that wouldn't work so well as people would complain and I wouldn't get one... if they make a newsletter I am sure it would be advertised enough that anyone who wants it would check it.

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

Or we could just have it sent to an e-mail of your choice automatically, so then it would be much easier.....

Showing 1-15 of 20