ForumsWEPRDoing nothing and death and stuff.

21 3850
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

So. I am certain this is not the first topic of death, probably one of many but I don't want to put this in a pile of other topics about it. I want this to be specific. Not how you feel about it or what you believe but. Well I don't know this is my first time seriously posting here so, let's see if I can strike up a conversation. The reason I put doing nothing in the title is because the only time I have ever thought of death is when nothing is happening. Friends tell me to relax, stop doing things, playing games watching movies, sleeping and just relax. But I can't, because if I relax the first and foremost thing I think about is death. First I try to fathom how long an eternity is, I can't right now but when I am truely doing nothing and think about it. All the years that go by and the meaninglessness of it all and everything literally makes my brain hurt at the back, like I am trying to cram 1000 pounds of information in a .01 pound bag. It scares me, it truely does, that is why I will never truely relax. It's actually why I come to ArmorGames, there is nothing to do and I am online and ArmorGames keeps me busy, oh a new post here! A new post there! Comment yay! OH I have an idea post! Usually it's busy and it keeps me from thinking about it, if not I find anything to do. Which brings me to my next point of the fact that I am so afraid of not existing for the rest of my life I am almost scared not to believe in another world, along the lines of heaven. Now I am agnostic and from my belief of the term I do not deny nor acknowledge god, he is in the middle there and I have no real stance on his existence. But when the thought of death comes to mind I feel almost compelled to believe in god or I am not going to exist forever. But if I sacrifice my time in life to praying for god and going to church then I die, he doesn't exist and there goes me wasting a ton of my only time I will ever have ever, heck and I won't even know because I won't exist. So then I am not sure whether to believe in god or not at that point of my "relaxing". So I decide heck why don't I try praying, so I do. Outloud once and in my head once because I don't know which I am suppose to do and I won't ask anyone. Just asking him to give me a proper sign on if he exists. Never get anything or I just don't notice. But anyways. I am just so scared that everything will have to end and I can't stop it. And I am fine with having limited time but when it's done I won't even remember, I won't be able to recollect. I will be gone. And I try and think about me nothing thinking, forever, not existing forever. It's all so much. So.. people ask me all the time why I am always on the computer and games and online and stuff. I always just say I like it, and I do. I love it. But do I love it because of, it? Or do I love it because it keeps me from just thinking about things. Or both! But honestly though I do love coming online and chatting here. It keeps me going, keeps me busy and I appreciate it so much. But yeah I have never told anyone this, I don't know if this is the right forum I don't know if this will be read, blammed, or ignored I don't know. I am just really tired and want to go to bed. So, this is my first time in the more serious part of the forums and I don't even think this is suppose to go here. Not sure what I expect people to talk about. But. Just this stuff in general, I can't really put a word on it. Sorry if no one cares and this is a duplicate. But I thought what I have to say is more important than in the middle of page 73 somewhere where I will be forgotten within a minute. Anyways. Bedtime. So hope someone can get some good out of this and maybe strikes a good conversation, if not sorry lol. I will go back to my funny puns and one liners by the morning!

Goodnight!

Klaushouse

• 21 Replies
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Welcome to nihilism, you soon to be nihilist.

I had the same train of thought. After you die, nothing matters. If I were to demolish the whole world, it would just not matter.

Everything we think about is simply the way our brains see it. If you die, well you die.

Death is a chemical the dead cannot feel.

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

I totally know what you're talking about. When I was little, that kind of stuff reared in my head all of the time. Sometimes I'd wonder what would happen if I died in the night and didn't even get to think about my life beforehand. But, (and I'm not trying to sell anything here) I always had the knowledge that I'd get into heaven because I'm a Christian. I know, I know, so many people are like, "But what if its not true?" Well, to me, it makes more sense to be a Christian because, stepping back for a moment, if it IS true, you make it into heaven, and if it isn't, whatever happens to everyone else happens to you anyway.
Now, on the subject of wasting your life away praying, praying isn't a chore. There is no rule that says you have to pray a lot to get into heaven. All that matters is that you pray when you feel like it. To Christians, it's not a waste of time. It's a joy. If you don't like going to church, don't. Go to a youth group instead (they're way more fun). Being a Christian is like being in a club. And it's FUN. You make friends and meet wonderful people in a religion like mine.

Anyway, that's all I've got. I'm not pushing anything here, you've got to make the decision yourself. I'm gonna friend you, okay? Anytime you need a talk, if I'm online, I'll talk. Peace out, and good luck.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

@Klaus,

I always wanted to be famous so my name could be remembered, but then I think again, would it matter?

@Shark,

Well Christianity is one of the billion religions. Not all have been discovered.

Your chances are low, but ehh better then nothing.

Klaus, I think you should get into philospohy ^^

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I am going into philosophy. And the problem I have with religion is that there are so many it's a gamble picking the right one. I appreciate the answers and your support shark, same for you drace.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

And this is why I don't think it's all that good an idea to want to live forever. Whatever for!?

People are obsessed with legacies, and leaving a lasting mark. Is it really too cynical to say that this is your biology ticking?

Fortunately, this train of thought does not necessarily end with nihilism. It ends with nihilism if you find yourself completely overwhelmed with no alternative.

But when the thought of death comes to mind I feel almost compelled to believe in god or I am not going to exist forever. But if I sacrifice my time in life to praying for god and going to church then I die, he doesn't exist and there goes me wasting a ton of my only time I will ever have ever, heck and I won't even know because I won't exist

The downside to Pascal's gambit, lol.
Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Like I said, prayer isn't a chore, it's something you do with something on your heart. You only think it's a chore when you don't understand how much it helps and how important it is.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

When you die, you sit and rot in the ground.

jb701926
jb701926
283 posts
Nomad

I don't wanna die! :'( But I don't want to live forever!

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

I agree with what shark said personally i think praying DOES help me just in my everyday life. Every night i pray that ill be kept safe and guess what ive never had to go to be hospitalized in my life, sure ive gotten cut and brused but i dont think god works like that its the small things he does for us everyday i think if we take the time to look around we'll see the amazing things that happen everyday watching the sunrise for instance or going outside on a clear night and looking at the stars and wondering how many there are. Thinking about how it all got there the only reason i can think of is god its just to massive for science to explain. Ty for listening to my little speech lol

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

What a wonderful sentiment! Thanks for agreeing with me.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Good to see some more comments. But again with religion you never know which one is right. Just saying christianity is right because it's the old could be completely wrong. Heck. In 1000 years if scientology is still around it could become like christianity, heck. What if christianity was like scientology back then. And everyone thought the guy was crazy when he said it?

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Even if you go to hell, whats painful of it? The pain we know is what we see, we won't have bodies that we do as of now. So what is that pain we are going to feel in the after life is we supposedly go to the "bad" side.

All opinions are the way our brains interpret it, we wont have brains after death.
So who is to say hell is bad?

Well you can argue God created our brains to think hell was bad and make us try to turn away from it. What I have to say to that is, well you can probably make someone think what we see as "bad" as "good".

And of course from here we go to the "best possible world" theory.

I'm not even sure if I made sense there ^^.

But to conclude, what is hell, and how is it bad?

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I really think that there is no hell, and the idea of heaven vs hell, and all good vs evil for that matter, is ridiculous. There is no "good" or "evil." It is a matter of opinions. Look at Satanism. The embrace satan, and they don't see it as "evil."

hellian00
hellian00
874 posts
Nomad

Next time, try using paragraphs. Walls of text are not very fun to read. It also make your post appear much more thought out and higher quality.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

You really should of gave a better ttitle for this :P

Btw, did you get any new thoughts?

Showing 1-15 of 21