ForumsSupport ForumForum Suggestions

3 2005
Scornic
Scornic
34 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure if any of these have been suggested before, as there is no search function for the forums.

I think we should have a few things added to the forums, to help them run smoother. The main two things would be a search box, so that we can use old threads rather than remaking the same ones time and time again, and we should have the ability to edit posts. If we can edit posts, than there is no reason to double post, and errors we find in our original post can be fixed. This would also be useful in "walkthrough" or competition threads, as you could update the first post as the topic progresses.

Any forum could use many more things, but those are really the only ones I can think of that are really needed.

• 3 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

It's funny you mention it. These are the two most posted suggestions in the forums. The search was really bad, search apple, find nuclear fusion topic. And edit post isn't here because it's more original not to have it. It's ironic that if you had a search button you would have known this or an edit button you could edit this entire suggestion out after finding out this is common suggestion.

Scornic
Scornic
34 posts
Nomad

By search was really bad, are you referring to the exploits in search that could crash a forum? That's easily fixed by putting a 30 second cooldown on search. Otherwise, I don't understand what you were saying.

As for it being more original to not have an edit button, I don't understand that either. A forum would be more original if it every day randomly chose a member to delete from the database, and make an announcement laughing at the person that was deleted. Original isn't always a good thing.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

I think we could use something like that. It would help out so we don't post something already posted.

Showing 1-3 of 3