ForumsWEPRWho is your favorite olympic team?

22 4224
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

• 22 Replies
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Im going for Russia, but their not doing so well as of now, or no that I know of. The channels here only show the USA games.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I vote for either china or the USA. I would cheer for Canada, but they don't have much hope.

pudniskool
pudniskool
30 posts
Nomad

USA!

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

USA they have 20 medals so far....more than anyone!!!

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

Screw the Olympics. China executes thousands every year without trial, suppresses all rights, and is a total dictatorship. China is funding the Darfur genocide as well. Every athlete participating is guilty of supporting genocide in my opinion.

dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

thelistman: While I understand your problems with China, I don't believe you should take it out on all the countries or olympians. The fault lies with China and perhaps the Olympic commity who decided upon China as the venue. The athelets just want to compete and shouldn't have to be the spokespersons of every travisty and problem in this world. Unless you forget, there are travisties, genocides, mass murder, the squashing of discontent, etc.. every year and in many countries not just Darfur and not just China and not just this year. Do you expect each and every Olympic athelete to be a protestor for some cause each and every Olympic year?

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

USA is the best country in the Olympics. The best team would have to be the USA womens softball team. they are unbeatable. they won the gold the last 4 Olympics. The USA basketball team is stacked with talent but they seem to get upset by crappy teams.

@thelistman - Yeah, China is gay but the Olympics are about the athletes not politics. so don't screw the games screw the county.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Well of course the USA because i am American.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

http://justmytruth.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/american-flag.jpg

Kanos
Kanos
175 posts
Nomad

New Zealand - go the Kiwis

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

@thelistman-China may do that but it's not the athletes fault they're not supporting anyhting the olympics were made to bring the world together like it should always be in my opinion, And look at it this way the Chinese put ALOT of money into hosting the olympics money they cant use to fund all that.

GO USA (Michael Phelps rules)

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
585 posts
Nomad

I vote USA. It's my home country, and is a favorite to win.
Also, I heard that China was sneaking in teenagers into the gymnastics under the age restriction (16). What do you think of that?

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Here's an article about it rov=yhoo&type=lgns">

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

i think that China using underage gymnasts is so trivial. If China has athletes who have had less time to develop and train and they are at the top of their particular sport, they should be allowed to compete. The olympics should be a test of a countries greatest athletes competeing against the world no matter what age. If there is an age minimum there should be an age maximum, right? But this is not the case. i think the age minimum is a bunch of bullspit.

dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

the underage athelets is important because it is a breaking of a rule. Whether or not it should be a rule is a different problem. Who is to say which rules are meant to be obeyed and which broken. The fact is, a rule was broken and the Chinese gymnists that aren't of age should not be allowed to compete. It may be a stupid rule, but it should be upheld non the less.

Showing 1-15 of 22