ForumsSupport ForumBorders idea

24 3769
mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

I got this idea stuck in my head and I was wondering if it would be any good for the site. I got the idea from looking at the Armartars people had and came to the conclusion that many people wear the same one...so how do you make yours different? So I came up with the idea of Borders. Little frames that could go around your Armatar to personalize it and make you stand out. You could have a thick blue border, a thin Green border, wavy borders, one with stars, one with flowers...the list goes on and on! You could earn them just like you earn Armatars, by earning AP.

Ok, so I know I rambled on a llittle bit, but what do you think of my idea?

• 24 Replies
flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Well, I'm 50-50 on this idea. To get my attention, it would have to be not just colors, but different shades, pics, and objects to go around the border.

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

I was already thinking of lots of ideas for them. Basic colors for the lower AP, but you could have stars, flowers, leaves, flames, smiley face, tye-dye, swirl....anything!

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Maybe, while we're customizing armatars, we could make the colors of the actual avatar could be customizable.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Maybe, while we're customizing armatars, we could make the colors of the actual avatar could be customizable.

That wouldn't work. Imagine my armatar pink.
Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

Lol, I like the idea, but I believe many wouldn't work as colors as Shark said.

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

So...what does anybody else think about the idea....?

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

This is a very good idea! I like it a lot! I can't believe I never thought of this before....

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

@roadripper,shark never said that,plus we are not talking about that idea,but truthfully I think they should be earned in a different way if this was to be implemented,such as how many merits you have.This could help promote thoughtful reviews on games,and less spamful ones.That or people trying too hard to get merits.Either way that's my suggestion on it all.Otherwise it would take a bit of reworking to do,and code and all.

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

but truthfully I think they should be earned in a different way if this was to be implemented,such as how many merits you have.This could help promote thoughtful reviews on games,and less spamful ones.

True, that is a good ides. But if everyone is trying for merits, then the merits would be spread out and it would be harder for one person to get them. Maybe it can go by posts in the community, sine that is where they'll be used the most. If you spam, someone will alert a Mod, and they'll disable your borders.

I'm just brainstorming
HeIIdud296
HeIIdud296
274 posts
Peasant

this is a really good idea, i want to customize armatars like this, i pick and armatar then you go to next step and so on until your done, i also really like the flame idea it would look cool on some armatars

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

This idea wouldn't work for many reasons. The border would end up being really small so not much detail would be able to go in them. Second, it would take away from the image. Here is an example:
http://i36.tinypic.com/257g090.png

This one i slapped on an 8 pixel flame border. It really makes it look worse.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I can see how this might work, if it were done tastefully. But I think tye-dye and swirls kinda borders on tacky.

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

@ Arax_Nisanu

True, but I was thinking a little bit wider

@ Carlie

Yeah I got a bit carried away there...oops. But solid colors and horizontal/vertical lines would work though...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

why wouldn't we have the ability to turn them off thats just common sense.I mean we can even turn off having an armatar in the first place.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

I think this would be really cool! I agree that there are a lot of people with similar armatars, and having a customizable border (shading, colors, designs, etc.) would allow you to set yourself apart without having any ability to abuse it. Love it!

Showing 1-15 of 24