ForumsSupport ForumBorders idea

24 3778
mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

I got this idea stuck in my head and I was wondering if it would be any good for the site. I got the idea from looking at the Armartars people had and came to the conclusion that many people wear the same one...so how do you make yours different? So I came up with the idea of Borders. Little frames that could go around your Armatar to personalize it and make you stand out. You could have a thick blue border, a thin Green border, wavy borders, one with stars, one with flowers...the list goes on and on! You could earn them just like you earn Armatars, by earning AP.

Ok, so I know I rambled on a llittle bit, but what do you think of my idea?

• 24 Replies
Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

I think that's a good idea, but sharks idea wouldn't be that good, people would look retarded, well some of them

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I quite like this. Funny this has never been thought of before! Good job on the idea. If done well this would be a great way to customized without comprising the clean feel of AG.

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

Klaushouse~

I agree. The priorities of AG (the clean feel) should definitely come first.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I think that the armatars are enough. If wew really wanted to personallize, I suggest that we upload our own, but that was shot down a few weeks ago. I really Don't know where I stand on this.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Uploading our own stuff always causes a problem with having to check for innapropriate content. Site's always look, feel, and ARE much cleaner with less user uploaded content and I will be glad is AG stays this way.

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

I agree with Klaushouse. If everyne uploaded there own materials, it would get messy fast, which is the opposite of AG. If we had the borders, they should be pre-made ones, like the Armatars.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Yes. But the only problem I see with this idea is exactly what arax pointed out. If done improperly, they look tacky and obtrusive. Also to fit must make the photo smaller. So for this to work we'd have to make the frame around the picture and not shrink it to look good. The only way to make this work is with really well done frames and bigger room for armartar's frame. And frame would have to be optional(for Strop's armartar's sake!

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

I see your point exactly. If it doesn't happen or it can't work out then it's fine. It's not an important thing, just something I though people could use to stand out since so many people have the ame Armatars.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I like this idea a lot. It would let AG keep the armatars, but at the same time people could customize them and make them more their own, so people won't all have the same armatars.

Showing 16-24 of 24