ForumsWEPRLiving,meanigful?

26 4180
shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

Is living unmeaningful the moment you have lost your goal or have none??

what is life without a goal?

can someone tell me more about this issue or what do you think?

• 26 Replies
tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

Life is what you make of it.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

If you think your life is pointless, then why are you living? I know it sounds bad but there is no reason for you to live if you feel like you don't want to. Celebrate the good (and the bad) times in your life. Cherish your friends and family. Even though you may be going through a rough time, it will only get smoother up ahead. Just enjoy the life you have. If you don't like it, then don't live.

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

NOt really. Just because your dead theat doesn't mean you live life on the edge. All it means is that you died.

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

The trick to a happy life is to let the good things about it speak louder than the bad. It's hard to get me down because I stick to this principle every day.

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

"Time you mean to waste, is not time wasted."

My goal in life is to go to school and get my degree. I'm graduating in a year. I can't speed that up at all. So what's wrong if I take some time off to do something completely un-meaningful. Yes, I have a goal in life, but that doesn't mean I have to strive for it every second of my day.

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

@thelistman
i totally agree that i dun have to spend every single time on striving for my goal.anyway,y be so fast in completing ur goal?you might be aimless when u have achieved the goal.

BostonXBound
BostonXBound
16 posts
Nomad

There is a quote which I like quite a bit-
"I dread success. To have succeeded is to have finished one's business on earth, like the male spider, who is killed by the female the moment he has succeeded in his courtship. I like a state of continual becoming, with a goal in front and not behind."
-George Bernard Shaw

Think about it.
Once you reach your goal, are you done?
I think so.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I think that you should live how you want to live. With this short time on Earth, 1/3 of it being lost with sleeping, I think that we just need to live life to its fullest and never look back.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

i dont agree...living life to its fullest is better...if u have no goals u can still have fun...

darkhandmaster
darkhandmaster
62 posts
Nomad

life has the meaning to be to short

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

The scientific meaning of life is to reproduce,

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

well thats the short and sweet version...

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Life without Dreams, or goals, is a life not worth living.

There's a poem I know of that perfectly fits in,

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.

~Langston Hughes

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Life is nothing with or without goals.
Its the same thing but a different visual view.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Maybe not visual Drace, but inside, in your heart. Goals, ultimately, make you actually work towards something. Something to accomplish. Without goals, you just get up everyday, go to work, come home, etc. It's a totally different lifestyle. I wouldn't be surprised if someone like that becomes somewhat depressed.

Showing 1-15 of 26