ForumsSupport ForumYou're being spammy!

18 3081
Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

I made this thread because I think that people are being too obsessed with spam. There are some people who seem to LIVE FOR finding a spammer and giving them a warning. They like it so much that they even look for posts where someone puts one of those "I agree" posts ONCE so that they can tell that person off. I'll admit, it's not a very helpful post, but that person obviously wasn't in it for the AP if they said it ONCE, it was unintentional. I think that everybody's getting too sensitive. What's your input?

• 18 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

There are some people who seem to LIVE FOR finding a spammer and giving them a warning.

Well, what bothers me, is that many of the people who get all upset about people spamming, are spammer themselves. I have seen so many people with 'SPAM FREE ZONE' on their About, when they are going and spamming all of their game reviews. It is very hypocritical, and it is not like they are fooling anyone. Quite silly.
Eyes
Eyes
139 posts
Blacksmith

I'll admit, it's not a very helpful post, but that person obviously wasn't in it for the AP if they said it ONCE, it was unintentional.

Hardly, if ever, does that happen ONCE. I really don't think comments like that are unintentional. They know exactly what they are doing. If they have the smarts to register, make their way to the forums, find the topic, type words, and hit enter then they should be smart enough to add something contributive or don't add anything at all. That's what burns me, people say the most pointless, counter-productive things. What's more is, most of the time it seems they are oblivious to it.
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Well put Eyes, that's exactly what I was trying to write earlier.

Even if you're a new member, you should have no excuse to write a few words or write one word comments, it makes no sense! If you're new, read the guidelines before posting - that simple.

Well, what bothers me, is that many of the people who get all upset about people spamming, are spammer themselves. I have seen so many people with 'SPAM FREE ZONE' on their About, when they are going and spamming all of their game reviews. It is very hypocritical, and it is not like they are fooling anyone. Quite silly.

What Carlie wrote is so true!

They should just force everyone to enlist in a Forum Etiquette course, but I doubt that'll stop spammers. But then again, I don't think the point is to STOP spammers completely, just lessen the spam and clean things up on the site, that's all. You're always going to have a few who, unfortunately, slip through the cracks, but people should be putting more effort in the community to flag comments which are utterly useless.
Showing 16-18 of 18