ForumsThe TavernAG Contradiciting Itself

23 3909
gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

It has come to my attention that AG goes allows what they say they are against. This is what I mean:
In the Armor Games community Mods and Admins tell us not to swear. But, in some of AG's games, there is swearing in them.

For instance:
In Prince of War the main character says, "D***! Get everyone ready! We go to war!"

In Punk-O-Matic the game swears several times saying, "Take a look at this S***!" or "Welcome to Punk-O-Matic B***."

I do not want AG to allow us to swear, but I would like the swearing to be taken out of AG's games. What is your opinion?

• 23 Replies
Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Let's face it, if it's already in the game, it's not coming out, and Armor Games can't help it. It's not worth the mods' time to enforce something like that.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Those games were on the old AG site before they changed it and added profiles and a community. I do beleive that the games should at least have some form of warning before playing them for strong language.

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Perhaps, but none of them are overly swearing-filled. There's usually only three or four swear words in a game if any at all.

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

It isn't a "swear word", but I think it shouldn't be used.

Also, there should be some kind of warning system, at the very least.

LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

But since we're all at least 13 (i know many aren't but that not AG's fault) then we should be able to take swear words in games. The swear filter is to stop people from saying "Go TO H***" or "YOUR A B****"

dank
dank
983 posts
Peasant

There is no rule against swearing. The rules state that there is not to be any excessive swearing or language; therefor, AG does not contradict itself.

Naruto
Naruto
658 posts
Nomad

i dont think they can take swear words out

zanderthaw
zanderthaw
418 posts
Nomad

lol armor games doesn't care anuf about swear words and you shouldn't be on armor games if you not ready for pg-13 dangit!and if your under age you age on this site eligaly

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

So wait, swearing = bad -- excessive violence = okay?

I know dank has already 'shut' the topic up so to speak, but I just had to put that in. I mean, it makes no sense why people would care about cursing, giving the amount of violence on the site!

TH4_L3G3ND4RY_1
TH4_L3G3ND4RY_1
14 posts
Nomad

Well apparently there is no rule on doing it...
Just doing it a lot is the problem.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Also, dodging the filter by using auxiliary characters is against the rules. Those filters are there for legal appeasement, really.

The swearing and violence in games has been discussed, and hopefully we'll work towards installing a rating system of some kind soon. Stay tuned!

dmccoy25
dmccoy25
66 posts
Nomad

Uh, does nobody but me realize that most of the games on this site are NOT by by AG? I am sure they screen the games, but an enjoyable game won't be rejected just because it says d*mn or something. Also, since the required age for signup is 13, most kids at that time are getting ready to enter high school and probably here inordinate amounts of swearing daily. I don't see it as a problem.

hellian00
hellian00
874 posts
Nomad

I don't think it makes a difference. In fact, sometimes swearing is necessary to get your exact meaning across. But, I don't think that games need have that kind of limitation. Actually, if you ever go the the forums on NewGrounds, the only censored word is n*****. Other than that, you can say whatever.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

There is many games where they swear it's not the worst possible thing.

hellian00
hellian00
874 posts
Nomad

I think that just about the only limitation here is nudity. We have excessively violent and gory games.(Dark Cut series, for example). Some(like Dark Cut) were made by AG staff. It woulden't be right if you cannot curse, but can perform excessively disturbing surgery.

Showing 1-15 of 23