ForumsThe TavernGuitar Hero, Rock Band VS. Real instruments and real bands

17 4235
Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Well, I play guitar, and I always say to those kids who play Guitar Hero on expert, "Great, now play it on a real guitar." I've always enjoyed playing on a real guitar better than playing a video game one, but then again I'm not that good at those games. Which do you guys like better? (Posts would be enjoyed from people who play these games AND a real instrument.)

• 17 Replies
Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

lol I say that to other kids too, although I can play expert on GH too, I think real stuff is way better and Rockband sucks(just my opinion, don't judge me)

infernacron
infernacron
1,380 posts
Nomad

i agree with helrayser!

dyrnwyn
dyrnwyn
129 posts
Herald

I would probably enjoy playing the real thing more But I don't care enough to learn how so definitely Guitar Hero but not Rock band I played the drums a little before and I really don't like the Rock band drums.

gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

I just tell them, "I'm a REAL Guitar Hero."

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/9767/1194352634758mk6.jpg

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Dude, I love that.

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

Lol at lige's post. That's funny haha. But yeah, playing the guitar or drums on GH or RB is nothing like playing real drums or a real guitar.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

Dude, I get so much poon tang with this line. "Hey baby, I can play guitar hero on expert."

CowInAPie
CowInAPie
83 posts
Nomad

I personally have never done real guitar before, nor drums.

In my opinion Guitar Hero and Rock Band are all out reflexes. The guitar parts are reflexes, the microphone is reflexes, and same with the drums. On a real guitar and drums you don't have to be 100% exact - but you must also memorize the notes and beats. Real guitar and drums are way better - sound real and can make music anyway you want - not what the software gives you.

On another note, Rock Band 2 has 2 different drum sets - an improved Rock Band drum set and an Ion Audio drum set - which can be dubbed as a real world electric drum set - Rock Band drums can now be electric reality ones now =)

Real Guitar & Drums & Bands are better then fake software peripherals.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

The real deal always wins.

MasterChef117
MasterChef117
609 posts
Nomad

Well the almost the whole purpose for video games is that you can do what you can't do in real life. Take sports games for example. I personally play guitar and drums and I'm learning bass. I think GH is awesome becuase it actually got people to start picking up instruments after playing Freebird on Expert.

soyo678
soyo678
187 posts
Nomad

I play guitar hero, rock band, and a real bass guitar. Sure, playing stuff on expert takes skill, and so does playing the same song on a real guitar. They're just different kinds of skill.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

So basically, it's "Real Music VS Fake Music." Nice, you can really see this took alot of thought.

madgamer131
madgamer131
671 posts
Nomad

right now im starting to earn the guitar, just classical 4 now, and i think even thats better than the game. id like to see someone bring a tv and a controller to a campfire. lige, that post says it all lol

JustLacrosse21
JustLacrosse21
248 posts
Nomad

i love both rockband and GH, i can do expert through the fire and flames (with a rubberband) and drums expert......guitar, all i know is the E note...... the easiest in the world

Showing 1-15 of 17