ForumsSupport ForumPermanent IP Banning.

22 3969
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

If possible,I suggest that the admins find a way to ban a particular IP address,so something like the Switch incident doesn't happen again,and so we can finally get rid of BuckNaked once and for all.

• 22 Replies
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

I beleive this site does have IP banning and the SwitchFoot insident did not have anything to do with IP banning. Even with IP banning Switchfoot would have still done what he did.

Anyways what he did was against the rules and was not as bad as it was unexpected. It was bad but not nearly as bad as people want to make it.

I have seen much worse spammers on this site and AG Staff has done a very good job making sure none of those terrible incidents never happen again.

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Life without BuckNaked? I don't think I can take such a blow...

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Bucknaked? I've seen him maybe twice over the last few days. He is just a minor spammer. IP banning is for actual serious cases. I'm talking about the intense vulgar against a select couple females on this site was worth an IP ban. The thing is, I believe it is possible to change your IP, but don't take me up on it.

It's just as easy to ban a problem. He/she will get bored of causing trouble that only lasts a little while.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

http://www.bootlegsbypeoplewhocare.net/together/Good_Luck_I'm_Behind_7_Proxies.jpg
IP Banning wouldn't really do much with proxies these days

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Well that would help because, annoying, inappropriate people would stop.

Papes
Papes
18 posts
Nomad

http://www.bootlegsbypeoplewhocare.net/together/Good_Luck_I'm_Behind_7_Proxies.jpg

^^^that was awesome. great response.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

These things would not become issues if you just stopped giving them attention. Everyone is making such an uproar about the naked guy. Just ignore him. If he keeps getting a rise out of everyone, he is going to keep coming back.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Nothing we can do, If he puts something really inappropriate, like nudity or anything, that would just be wrong and would be banned.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Mr. Naked just likes the attention. After you just stop posting on his topics and his profile, delete his comments, he will eventually torture another site.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Carlie summed it up best. Ignore those type of members. If they harass your profile, flag it or just delete the comment. Don't reply to it because that is all the person wants.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Whose this naked guy? And why was the I love carlie thread deleted... I didn't get a chance to post my deep dark affe- jokes. My deep dark jokes.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Not to mention a school or business would lose all the accounts if just one account was IP banned.

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

what did theis Naked guy do that was so bad?

HeIIdud296
HeIIdud296
274 posts
Peasant

send pictures of himself naked xP just sick, hes name is VeryBuckNaked, hes banned thought

gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

Take from a man who runs a website. You do not want to IP ban. This is becuase you might be banning thousands of other users with that one IP address.

Showing 1-15 of 22