ForumsSupport ForumPermanent IP Banning.

22 3976
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

If possible,I suggest that the admins find a way to ban a particular IP address,so something like the Switch incident doesn't happen again,and so we can finally get rid of BuckNaked once and for all.

• 22 Replies
Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

One problem I can see is that, if Buck Naked is really determined, he can start using a friend's IP address to harass.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

IP Banning is always a bad idea since it's easy to get through them and many people use same IP's. I remember me and my brother played a game, got IP bannned and there went my entire game for a week because of him. This is a bad idea for people with siblings who play AG or people who go on through the office or school.

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

Personally, I think it's a decent idea. An IP ban would only be needed in serious cases, though. Such as yeah, Switch and the "Buck" guy everybody keeps talking about. Yeah, they can use proxies but eventually they'll keep having to make more and more e-mail's and trying to get around things here having to use proxies, thus probably forgetting about it because it's so much trouble. If they're THAT crazy about getting attention over the net, then they have problems. The thing is, there's not many people that cause problems like that around here, so it's not really necessary.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

By the way bucknaked is going by a new alias that I can't remember the name of,but the reason I brought this up is because he keeps coming back with a new name every time spamming saying"IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDD"
or something similar to that.I actually had to have someone tell me who switch foot was.Apparently he originally was a guy named Falling_up who was the worst spammer of all time,and then made the name switch foot and disguised himself for so long that people wanted him to be a mod,then he went back to his old ways.I'm saying all of this for people who don't know any of this.Anyways apparently this idea wouldn't work so the only way to deal with this is obviously psychology.Ignoring spammers in other words,which is what Carlie suggested.

Chaze100
Chaze100
479 posts
Peasant

ok i have been hear for 2 months but i ahve 1 question what was the SWITCH or whatever you call it???????

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

Did you not just read crimsonblade55's post? His name was 'Switchfoot'. You'll have to ask somebody personally, I didn't know him all that well. Basically, to sum it up easily, he was an honest and great guy for a while, mod-worthy some would say, until he started spamming and flamming and everything.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I actually had to ask someone else about that whole situation.The switch incident happened around early April.

Showing 16-22 of 22