ForumsSupport ForumFlaming game makers

8 1803
J4son
J4son
405 posts
Nomad

I checked the rules and often see it allowed but people still flame game makers. Could we add to the rules and have it so that threads that have the topics such as;
"worst game ever, most annoying game" and other flame threads about flash game makers in the rules and let the flame spam stop?

It's really cruel and when game makers read it I know it's discouraging to make a game or upload it to sites with such comments.

Just edit the thread and add the rule, right?

Enforce it among moderators and administrators, and you can bet I'll be the first to report it.

• 8 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

It is stated in the Rules & Guidelines that "flaming, badgering, spamming, or trolling" "may result in a ban from the forums or the entire site, as well as removal of posts and points!"

It may not be stated in the rules posted inside of all of the individual forums, but it is a general site rule that flaming is not allowed. In future thread rule edits we can add this in, but just keep in mind that it is already stated on the site.

So if you see this happening, make sure to let myself or a moderator know so that we can take care of it.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

What is Trolling? I never heard of that from my 3 years of going in forums. I know the other ones. That's in the Forums every day pocket book I have in my Pocket thingy on my shirts.

J4son
J4son
405 posts
Nomad

I flag, ask for it to stop and report all the time yet nothing really happens. I find that hard to believe Carlie considering there is a 6 page one in the flash forum that is growing and has been flagged for a week and a half and a new one is created every week and not locked!
Proof is when it actually happens.

Trolling is being in a grumpy mood and taking it out digitally.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Not all of the moderators and admins are on the site all the time, so it may take a while for these issues to be resolved depending on who you report to. Send the links to these threads in questions over to me, and I will try my best to review them tomorrow (I have to study tonight... euugh).

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Why did you say Study tonight. You practically study every night while watching the Olympics. I don't see Trolling often on this site.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Why did you say Study tonight. You practically study every night while watching the Olympics.

That is how you do well in college, you study! Besides, I have a quiz tomorrow morning worth about 15%. But that really isn't relevant to this topic, so back to the thread at hand

@Drako, here is a more comprehensive definition of trolling. It might help explain it a little more.
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

That is just a really annoying spammer. That may be true Carlie but.... Wait, I need to get something funny.

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Carlie, you used Wikipedia!!! Hehe, it's just that I always use Wikipedia but a lot of people I know hate it.

Showing 1-8 of 8