ForumsThe TavernWorld of Chaos, Text rpg thing

7 1514
Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

Hi all, I'm too lame to make a Flash RPG game, so i decided to make a different kind. >.< Its called "World of chaos" and, well, here it is.
http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/3/8/13/f_WoCOverviewm_69ebacb.jpg

In this game like thing, you start out with very little. There are a few classes: Warrior, Thief and Wizard, to begin with so far. There are stat points that you will be able to learn eventually. It is best advised for you to have a little "wordpad document to save all your info, so in case you forget it. Here are a few things about this game:

STATS

Strength: Increases physical damage dealt by 1 per point
Increases HP by 1 per point
Increases Defense Value by .333 per point.

Intelligence: Increases magical damage caused by 1 per point
Increases Magic Power by 2 per point.
Increases your chance to find useful items slightly.

Dexterity: Increases your chance to hit enemies with physical attacks by 1% per point.
Increases your chance to score a Critical Hit by .5% per point.
Increases your chance to dodge an attack or trap by 1% per point.

Defense Value: Decreases your physical damage taken by 2 per point
Increases your chance to dodge physical attacks by .5% per point.
Increases your chance to block magic (requires shield) by .5% per point.

Luck: Affects all aspects of the game, but does not have an attribute value.

RULES

-Your character starts out with 10 free stat points and a base of 10 HP, but 0 in every stat. All characters must have a name between 2 and (?) letters (plz no numbers. It is not possible to kill/steal from other players, as this game would become way too complicated.

ITEMS

Players start out with cruddy gear in this game. When you recieve an item, you will get a message directed at you, from me, and a picture of what the item relatively looks like. All players will start out with 50 Gold Coins, which is the currency of the game. To query what items exists at the merchant area, just say something like "whats for sale?" or what ever, along with what your looking for , weather its weapon, armor, miscellaneous, ect.

STARTING THE GAME
I will give this game a day or two to pick up, (if it does >.< i hope so) so players may not have many choices available in the first few days. Once ppl start to post on this it will start.

TALENT

All classes have a certain "talent". This is what EVER you want it to be!! Use your imagination. Please make the talent fit with your class, though. I don't want warriors shooting fireballs at people.

HOW TO PLAY

To play, all you gotta do is put in a description of what you want to be, along with your 10 attribute points set into whichever category. An example would be:

Name: Example
Class: Wizard
Strength: 2
Dexterity: 2
Intelligence: 5
Defense Value: 1
Talent: Voidic Control

That is an example. YOU CAN ALSO put down any other information you want your character to have ( height, weight, personality, eye color, whatever you want). Also, if you want to, you can put a picture of your character up (makes life more interesting). Your stats for a starter character may not exceed a maximum of 10 total.

MAGIC POWER

The wizard class has to use "Magic Power" to cast spells. Magic Power is used to cast spells. Magic Power can be restored by potions, by not casting spells for a short period of time, or by drinking water. If you get into a battle, you will restore ALL your magic power after the battle is over.

BATTLE

Yes yes, in this game there will be fighting. To fight something, Say you want to. The smartest place to fight is in the training room at lower levels. Only money can be earned in the training room. Items are earned from doing mini missionss that i may pop out at you, events that i may pop out at you, or killing the stronger monsters in the higher level areas. Killing a creature gives you XP points. When you battle, I will tell you certain information about the enemy you fight. It will look like this:

ENEMY
Name: Bandit
Race: Human
HP: 6
Level:1
Damage: 1-2
Defense: 1

Enemies are generally weak until you get to the very high levels.

WINNING A BATTLE

If you defeat an enemy, you will receive something like this:

Victory.
+ (amount) XP
+ (amount) coins
(any other item you earn will be placed down here, at the very end.)

LEVELING

To level, you have to do missions or kill creatures. Each kill you make gives you experience compared to your level. This ratio works like this: their level / your level x50. So if a level 1 kills a level 1, you get 50 XP. If a level 1 kills a level 2, you get 100 XP.
Every 100 Xp is a level. To level, you must earn 100 XP. You cannot make more than 100 XP. You should say " Ok I leveled" or something similar so I can grant you your bonus 5 attribute points and give you a level.

Thank you for reading this incredibly long post.
Be warned, there will be more.

• 7 Replies
Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

Equipping gear

Gear does certain things for your class. Weapons increase the physical/magical damage you do, Armor increases the amount of Defense Value you have. All classes have a special item they use. Warriors use a Helmet or Shield, which grants certain abilities to a warrior that are useful, the Thief can use a mask or a hood, and a Wizard can use a tome or a magic wand. All these items are useful to their class. When you equip an item that you earn, or update your equipment, please type something that looks like this in:

Equipment Update
Weapon:
Armor:
Special: ( this will be your class's item, such as "tome&quot
Special: ( this will be the other class special, you can use both)

TRADING WITH OTHER PLAYERS

You can trade with other players on this game if one has an item the other wants. You can trade items for coins, items, or nothing (if you want to). Trading can be a good thing, you know.

Group Battles

In construction.

Leaving the castle

In construction (almost done)

BOSSES

Soon there will be Bosses. Bosses will take either a really strong hero to kill, or many heroes. Bosses will have a picture. Bosses drop a lot of treasure, which is better than normal.

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

NOTE

That is the wrong picture at the top. This picture was supposed to be there:
http://img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/3/8/13/f_WorldofChaom_b048b73.jpg
Sorry for any inconvenience that may have caused.

INFO ON TOWN

Town is a safe haven. You can stay in town and always be safe in the keep. Say when you arent playing so that other players dont get confused.

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

UPDATE ON STATS

Should you make a level, for now on, Set up your reply like this:

<Your Message> I am now level <your new level>.
<Stat modification> Strength: 7 (+3)= 10
Intelligence: 3 (+0)= 3
Dexterity: 5 (+1)= 6
Luck: 5 (+1)= 6
<Any additional statements/remarks/messages>

The old stat is the first one, and a stat added is the second one. So, "Strength: 7 (+3)" equals "Strength: 10"

UPDATE ON EQUIPMENT

Equipment has the stats displayed on it when you earn it. You will receive a picture, and then some stats. It will look like this:

http://img29.picoodle.com/img/img29/3/8/13/f_IronSwordm_36813ca.jpg
Iron Falcon
Physical damage: 3-5
Range: Melee
Strength +2
Dexterity +1
Requires 5 Strength to use
Level 2
Sells for 20 coins

The name is what you will put in your equipment slot.
The physical damage is how much damage you will deal (added to your strength)
This weapon does not have magical damage.
Items will have a range, of approximately how many feet. Some spells, Bows, and throwing weapons (soon to come) will be ranged. The next line or two is if the magic is magically enhanced. This item adds that strength and dexterity. Very few items add stats.
The required strength to use is how much of that stat you need to use. Tomes will need certain Intelligence. Certain items require stats, but not all.
The Items level: The items level does 2 things:
(1. Its a numerical value of the item ( damage and stats are set by the item level.
(2. It is the minimum level requirement. You must be at least level <#> to use the item.

LEAVING TOWN

Soon there will be the ability to leave town. Outside town is where level 8 + enemies roam. It is advised that you don't leave town until you get better gear than your starter items. I can't actually stop you, but I'm not the one in danger.

NOTE TO WIZARDS

Wizards will have the ability to train up their talent (which can be more than one spell, depending on your talent) at the library. The library costs just 5 coins to use ( and you get to use it for ever). The Library is filled with the most powerful of scrolls and tomes. This is also where Wizards can purchase the best tomes ( just like warriors get the best Helmets and Shields at the blacksmith in the market).

START PLAYING

Anybody can play, all you have to do is sign up (read the beginning paragraphs for more on signing up). You can start playing once i acknowledge your name/class/talent so i can give your talent reasonable power. I don't want warriors to do 500 damage whereas wizards do 5.

The Beginning

You start out in the Keep. To anywhere, just say you want to. Here is a Overview map of the castle courtyard.

http://img26.picoodle.com/img/img26/3/8/13/f_WoCOverviewm_7020f3a.jpg

People can start right now if you want to!

UPDATING

If I do an update, it will look like this:

UPDATE ON <CATEGORY>

Updates are generally a good thing. Usually It will be to add a new item into the game, to add a new region into the game, or to do an event in the game. Also, but rarely, I may add a boss to the game.

[b]You can now begin playing the game. That was all you had to know (that was a lot). The first people to start playing get First come, First Served treatment, for as LONG as you play (not just on the first day). Thank you for your time.

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

EDIT ON LAST POST

You can now begin playing the game. That was all you had to know (that was a lot). The first people to start playing get First Come, First Served treatment, for as LONG as you play (not just the first day). Thank you for your time.

This was supposed to be bold. Here it is again. Sorry for any inconvenience:

You can now begin playing the game. That was all you had to know (that was a lot). The first people to start playing get First Come, First Served treatment, for as LONG as you play (not just the first day). Thank you for your time.
Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

I wanna cast magic missile!

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

then be a wizard and make your talent "Magic Missiles". Lol

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

Lol. That was a lot of work for a Failed RPG.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8425/freericewe8.png

~RR~

Showing 1-7 of 7