ForumsSupport ForumMerits limit?

12 2722
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

So I was wondering if there is a merits limit? You know. Like speedlimit on cars. Like 55Mph.. but like 1Mpd(Merit per day).

What I am trying to say is, is there only so many merits allowed per day, or week or something? Or if someone begins to make tons of merits will it become harder or will mods judge more difficulty at the person?

• 12 Replies
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Nope, there is no limit to how many merits you can get per day. Also the amount of merits you have does not effect the difficulty of getting another merit.

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

No, there is nothing like that. Each merit is separate from the rest.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Alright. But I am just thinking. If I was a mod and saw Roadripper posting like.. 5 merit worthy comments a day I would feel less inclined to give him merits. Am I alone in thinking that mods might feel this way also?

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

There is no limit. The most I have gotten in a day was four...

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

There's no limit, I got 5 in a day once and StarScreamer got 10 in a day.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

I think Klaus gets the point there is no limit. No need to repeat folks!

Anyway, you do bring up an interesting point. A person can actually get away with writing very similar things for games and still get merits for them, just change around a few sentences but keep the general template. I mean, if you're talking about in a day, should the moderators take a harder look at each comment after the first merit?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

There is no limit to how many you can get per day. If you write a good comment, you can get a merit for it regardless of when we check it. And we do not change our standards for specific people. We have our over standards, which we apply to all reviews, regardless of the poster.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks Carlie!

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

That's like saying you can't do too much good in a single day.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Why should their be a limit, because the more their is, the better.

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

I agree with there not being a limit, but I have seen many people being disheartened as they see the same people getting hundreds of merits and they may try really hard but never get one.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Since the question has been answered, I will be locking this to prevent further spam

Showing 1-12 of 12