ForumsSupport ForumFriend Notification?

11 2653
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Below is just rambling leading towards the idea. Skip if you want, after the idea comes the reasoning

So I hate the fact that people add me, don't tell me and I then they ask me to friend them, like they have to ask for me to do it. I never think of friending people even if I talk to them lots. I tend to not think of this. Also I feel bad when people ask cause it feels like I am just doing it cause they asks, which happens.. some people I barely know I will add sometimes just cause they asked. But they usually never talk to me again and I un-add them. Or we become good friends and I am glad I added them. But anyways, I am rambling as usual.

The idea: get notified on your comments page if someone has added you as a friend(obviously optional)

So with this you would be spared the ackwardness of asking for someone to friend you. You just add, if they want you as a friend they will add you(get a notification back saying they friended you maybe?), if not just ignore or delete the notification and it's done. No need to say no or pityingly say yes as saying no would feel mean. And since I am aware Carlie or someone in top 10(OR ME! ) would be completely spammed by this feature, it would be optional. Anyways I just think it would be nice. Maybe someone nice added me and I want to add them too?

• 11 Replies
Showing 16-15 of 11