ForumsSupport ForumSearches other than game searches

15 2507
jb701926
jb701926
283 posts
Nomad

I liked using the community search until they took it out. And how about a user search?

Post your opinions here!

• 15 Replies
Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

if you use google, and type in armorgames.com and then whatever you want to find on the site, you should usually find it.

ngfan14
ngfan14
875 posts
Shepherd

if you use google, and type in armorgames.com and then whatever you want to find on the site, you should usually find it.

It doesn't work well with user names though. I used mine and the first one was a link to my page. But then I used your name and I just got a bunch of topics that you had posted in.

So I think a user search would be a good idea.
Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

well you know, If you click on the person's name, it brings you to their user page.

jb701926
jb701926
283 posts
Nomad

I don't want to have to leave the site though.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

I agree we need more searches, how about a topic search?

GaryExtream
GaryExtream
32 posts
Nomad

[b]guys this had been asked by masterkainiv once :P

ccbeara
ccbeara
72 posts
Nomad

I WANT THIS SO BAD!!
It would be amazingly useful

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

I suggested THE EXACT SAME THING (a user search) a while ago, but nothing yet.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

Once again, why do we need a user search? The only reason would be if you can't remember the silly numbers added to the end of someone's name, I suppose. Aside from that, you can easily fill in the URL yourself.

I would love to see a community search again, myself. THe only reason it's gone is that it wasn't specific enough, and most people didn't take the time to go through the answers... I do miss it, though.

GaryExtream
GaryExtream
32 posts
Nomad

you could do this http://armorgames.com/user/jb701926

hellian00
hellian00
874 posts
Nomad

I suggested THE EXACT SAME THING (a user search) a while ago, but nothing yet.

Same here.

but, I hope it isn't like NewGrounds. There, you are required to enter one word of more than four letters(even if a thread's title is only 3), and it cannot exceed 25 letters.
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Sigh. So many suggestions that have been talked and posted about all the time. I wonder if Armor Games can have a newsletter posting topics that are posted all the time and answers to it.

99percentcomplete
99percentcomplete
390 posts
Nomad

Well that doesn't seem like a half bad idea! I'm not sure if there is one (or was, so I apologise in advance if there is) but maybe there should be some sort of bulletin showing new updates and player related requests. It could have a section on new games coming out and the like. And i've always wondered if AG would make different sections for animations and so forth.

masta_cheef
masta_cheef
670 posts
Nomad

I think they really should do something with that empty space cuz the searches are just for the games.

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l373/rmrking/YouDontFrigthenME.jpg?t=1219056149

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

You know what would be cool -- the system Yahoo Answers have. You type in a question and similar questions (with wording and everything) will pop up, so you can still choose to post your question OR just visit the other topics.

If applied to AG, I know there may be some people who'd still to opt their own suggestion/question regardless of the topics already available, but really, there's no excuse for that! Coding it into the site would be difficult, sure, but it'd be nice.

Also, nobody (I mean newbies and the likes) bothers to use a community search on any forum (even if they do, it's pretty rare) OR they don't search hard enough ("Ahh, one page and nothing yet, oh well!&quot - it becomes futile and loses its purpose.

I'm against a user search as well, it's pointless. Like DM already said, just fill in the URL yourself (i.e. copy and paste/type the person's name after 'http://armorgames.com/user/'

Showing 1-15 of 15