Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

Swears?

Posted Feb 18, '08 at 9:34am

jwalshjr

jwalshjr

579 posts

yes but there are plenty of kids under 13 that probly use the site... and if it were unclocked there would be a lot of people who abuse the privelage

Posted Feb 18, '08 at 10:57am

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

Yes, and in the rules it does say not to use EXCESSIVE swearing. I will agree that some of the words starred out is frustrating and offensive to me. I am sorely bothered that g.ay is starred out.

Posted Feb 18, '08 at 11:28am

nightranger

nightranger

5 posts

with the age restriction I would think that some minor swearing could be allowed, but it really doesn't bother me that it isn't.

Posted Feb 18, '08 at 11:34am

thegamesman

thegamesman

194 posts

ye i agree with you nightranger
words like d.am and sh.it

Posted Feb 19, '08 at 2:48pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

I agree with you, Falling. But there needs to be an adjustment to some of the starred words. G.ay being one, s.ucks being another. Not to mention I've seen user names with the f bomb in it. The inconsistencies are frustrating.

Posted Feb 29, '08 at 11:18pm

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE

2,196 posts

If there was swearing just think if there were kids out there on this site and there parents see them playing and someone starts to swear, they might not trust this site again...

* the kid dose not get to come to the site anymore
* Armorgames would rcieve a bad rep

Posted Feb 29, '08 at 11:25pm

yo619

yo619

140 posts

On Kongregate people swear ALL the time it is so annoying.I'm happy this site blocks swearing.

Posted Mar 3, '08 at 3:51pm

steevo15

steevo15

1,507 posts

i agree with the idea of swearing being blocked but i think it goes to far by blocking su.c.ks becasue that is not always an insulting word, it can be used in different ways

Posted Mar 3, '08 at 7:41pm

Guns_N_Roses

Guns_N_Roses

99 posts

Hmm...ilovecookies14 has a point, but I also agree with iFish about the word su.ck

Posted Mar 3, '08 at 7:41pm

ilovecookies14

ilovecookies14

92 posts

oh and some poeple are super religous so they are really strict on language...so yeah i think its a really good idea that they cursed them out

Reply to Swears?

You must be logged in to post a reply!