ForumsSupport ForumMore unlockables

20 4488
fatalised
fatalised
5 posts
Nomad

[b]the ap u get is only used for armatars u should be able to get other stuff like idk stuff for your profile and unlockables for games idk its hard for me to explain but im sure you know what i mean.

• 20 Replies
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I get what you mean. It would be kinda cool to have extra stuff for your profile, but AG isn't about gaining points and unlocking things, it's about having fun and enjoying yourself. Plus, the armatars are cool enough and you want to be high on the leaderboard.

jason100111
jason100111
199 posts
Nomad

Yer- small unlockables like banners for your profile or little extras. Small things to keep you satisfied for gaining points, just like the armatars do. Therefore the purpose of AG and AP remains practically the same =-) and fun for everyone.
Personally i think it just adds a nice little rewarding twist.

WDude
WDude
5 posts
Nomad

If you earned extra stuff people would be more interested with unlocking extras than playing games. I think Armor Games is really good as is.

Demonfire
Demonfire
76 posts
Nomad

at lesat we can decome members and not be like people and the only ons who made new games where the people who made the site, i mean its a reward that we can creat a game from our ideas to others

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

armor games is starting to turn too technical with too many unlockables already.i loved the old days where you could just sit back play and relax.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

New unlockables = more spam.

People will be rushing to get certain unlockable items and they'll do anything (i.e. replying with garbage posts on forums, horrid game comments, and just chatting with other players). Sure, it would encourage people to become involved in the community, and satisfy the small majority of people who don't spam, but in the end, it just ain't going to happen.

Besides, I hear they're working on new Armatars, can't wait for those! If anything, I'd like some sort of survey every month regarding the "service" about the website.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Look people come up with the most random excuses to shoot down ideas.Whats wrong with adding more stuff to the site.Its not like people don't spam enough already.If they do spam,then they will get banned anyways,and it won't make a difference.I also don't understand what you are trying to say theone99.If you feel that way then why bother going on the forums in the first place.I would actually like to see something new to unlock.Like some variety to the forums.The thing that caught my attention from this site is that you could unlock new armatars,so the ranks were not meaningless.The thing is that so many people use the same ones that its hard for anyone to have any originality on here.You know like no one really stands out.Also why does everyone think that ArmorGames is turning into Myspace or something?

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

I agree with crimsonblade, ANY ideas that involve AP are just shot down with the "It will cause spam" reply. You know, if we would have gone back to when AP and ranks were first made, everybody was probably ranting "It will cause spam! It will cause spam!"

Anyway, this idea is really good. In fact, I suggested the same thing a little while back. We could call these things &quoterks". I dunno what those perks could be, but they'd be fun to have!

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Thanks shark7996,and that's not a bad idea for it.I just wish the admins would agree with at least one idea on here,and actually do it.The last update they made was just another tag added to the home page,which isn't very big.I'm just wondering what they are doing over in the offices right now.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

You guys have very valid points, both crimson and shark. I do think that a majority of ideas are shot down because of the "SPAM" argument (yes, I'll contradict myself) but in some respects you need to agree with it. When they came up with AP, ranks and Armatars, these things were being coded in from the start -- adding newer things would also mean more time-consuming coding and people to do the job.

They (adminstration) seemed to have a tight control over it -- but when you add newer things, you need to be wary of what it might cause. But if anything, I don't see what's wrong with a trial-n-error period with some ideas...

spore48
spore48
153 posts
Nomad

unlockable stuff would be cool but like many ppl say INCREASED SPAM!!!!!!!
but great idea i would love to sse it even if its just a theme or color for your page....

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

This has been suggested many times. And it's already been talked about to Dan and such. This doesn't need to be chatted about. If he wants it he will have it added.

hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,089 posts
Nomad

agree with with inthezone...but i also agree with klaushouse

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

This sounds alright, but really, there was no thought put in this suggestion, the guy just came and said "MOAR Stuff PLZ!" and that was it. Maybe a few suggestions on things to add, how much there should be, he just told you guys he'd like more stuff.

hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,089 posts
Nomad

i think we should be able to change the theme on our profile...maybe even unlock more themez with a.p.

Showing 1-15 of 20