ForumsSupport Forumshould there be greeter mods?

13 2591
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Like whenever someone joins they greet them to Armor games, saying,welcome and giving them a link to the help guide.I think it would raise the whereabouts of the forums and much more.What do you guys think?

• 13 Replies
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Well, or it just pops up as there first comment auto maticaly. It would save the mods work, so they could spend more times else were.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

yes i have suggested a suggestion box before but more than likely ouldnt happen..i think they should make people greeter mods without all of the mods powers

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

No, just a message. it will be there as soon as they make an account it will be by some user you cant reply to. It will have all the links to FAQ.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

i like how you think.Its thought through unike other peoples' ideas.

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Is it really necessary? Not really. Hundreds of new users are made each day. Those mods would need to spend too much time greeting, and automatic messages would take the hassle out of that.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Shark please don't just read the first message and act like you know whats going on.Someone already suggested an automatic message.Also something for them to be able to read like a comment from a special service would be nice.Especially since alot of the newer members never bother reading the stickies.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

crimson might be onto something -- since a majority of the new members barely understand forum etiquette or the sorts, it'd be a nice 'educational' course for them.

The auto greeter would work well! Although, implementing might be rather difficult - it's a good idea.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

I would like to see some sort of greeting for new members, so that there is no excuse to be a noob and spam. Not that there is even an excuse now, any intelligent person should check out the Help section of a website, read stickies, etc. before running around like a chicken with it's head cut off... but hey, that's not how all people are.

Should it be a message on their page? Or a screen that pops up the first time they register? I'd lean towards the former, because they can go back and reference that.

hellian00
hellian00
874 posts
Nomad

I think that having actual mods, and not automatic greeter messages, would use too much man-power. I don't know how many people would want to spend their day greeting AG users, without pay. And I don't see AG paying mods.

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

That would be a lot of work for them, as people are literally joining every 10 minutes.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

i know but i started saying hello to new people and ,quite honestly, i dont even think they look at there own profile.I think that,i suggested before, the greeter mods are the mods that sound the nicest,don't spam, and know alot of well grammar.They shouldnt have all of the powers a mod has ,like locking topics, or anything else too powerfull like to ban someone.I think there should be many greeter mods that have only few powers because if there were many mods they would all eventually abuse there powers.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I don't see a reason why there can't be a "Welcoming Committee" made of members who look for new members and welcome them to Armor Games.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Isn't there a comment like that by default?

Otherwise the mods would have to greet a lot of people, and figure out who just joined and all. It would be a lot of work for them.

Showing 1-13 of 13