ForumsWEPRPeople losing their morals

43 7095
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

Ok i know i haven't been posting much lately with school starting back and everything, and i didn't see this specific topic yet (correct me if im wrong, im kinda off today) this rather disturbing discussion sparked an idea to post this. Do you think people are forgetting or just not caring about their morals today? this person told me "hey dude you should have sex man, its fun!" i told him that i wasn't interested in it at the moment and told him a few reasons why. We both are the same age (in my opinion too early too have sex). What do you think about this?

• 43 Replies
necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

Morality doesn't exist... according to Nietzsche.

I believe that intercourse is a mutual decision between the two participants and if both are willing then it is fine, I don't believe anyone should intrude on another's sexual practices. I accept people's choice to do so, but I don't understand why people encourage sexual purity, as in celibacy until marriage, with the Jonas Brothers wearing purity rings and all of that kind of stuff. Purity is for drinking water, not people.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Were evolving! We'll get to hell soon.

Thisisthestart
Thisisthestart
72 posts
Nomad

i agree sometimes that the human race has lost all decency and manners. there are people on this site who want nothing to make the world miserable

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Purity is for drinking water, not people.

@necromancer really? If everyone had a decent set of morals wars could be avoided, thered be no terrorist groups, parents wouldnt have to be afraid that there kid got kidnapped on the way home from schoo, thered be no serial killers. This is why morals are important in modern times thought people with any morals at all are considered exceptional because a lot of people have none or dont care.
necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@MrMonkey3-

What are good morals? Most people believe they have them, however, many problems are created by the morals themselves, for example in many parts of the world female servility is toted as a virtue. Like servility, most sexual morals are long outdated, and don't apply to the modern world.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Mortality is only in our consciousness.

Sex is not wrong, its nothing but a visual happening. Our brains interpret things in a certain way. That is, based on previous thoughts and experience.
A lot has changed from 500 years ago and now, so these experiences that people go through are different which make them conclude that sex is nothing.

Although, we can see what kind of retardness we see in people because of accepting sex as OK.

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

@necromancer good point a lot of people do think they have good morals so i guess my previous post would be incorrect. I guess "good" morals are all about preception. Most of the time people only know half-truths especially in middle eastern countries becasue their government doesnt want them to know more. I guess thats why its a good idea to listen to everyone's side of the story before making judgement

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I guess thats why its a good idea to listen to everyone's side of the story before making judgement

Even if you do, your new opinion which you formed from looking at both sides, is still only a perception, and it becomes a side of the story itself.
MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Even if you do, your new opinion which you formed from looking at both sides, is still only a perception, and it becomes a side of the story itself.

Good point but since we are only human i think listening to both sides would help make more of the story clear even if it is just another perception its the best we can do.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Yes that is true, because we are able to use logic to see how our ideas will turn out in reality, it is good to look on both sides and gain more ideas.

But if its not a decision making choice, and just to see who is right or wrong which has no way to test in reality, well then...

JustLacrosse21
JustLacrosse21
248 posts
Nomad

everybody has different morals.... there are satanists who WANT to go to hell...... there are nudists who worship nature....... theres all sorts of of people with different morals

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

But when some kid goes and says "Go have sex, its fun!" it does not show knowledge, but stupidity in them.

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

@justlacrosse21 i dont think those things are considered "morals" so much as beliefs you mentioned two differnt beliefs no morals

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Were evolving! We'll get to hell soon.

We were debating once, and you said we were not evolving o.O Have you come to the dark....I mean good side? XP

Morals, are simply a set of right and wrongs in your head. Sex at a young age is all up to you. It may not be smart to have sex that young, but there is a defining line between morals, right and wrong, and the best decision.

I would say morals are a thing that is affected by your surroundings. If you are surrounded by killers, and you grow up under their wing, you may possibly see killing more lightly than others.

But when some kid goes and says "Go have sex, its fun!" it does not show knowledge, but stupidity in them.

I wouldn't say stupidity. I would say immature, and not wary of the outcome. There is safety in sex, and should only really occur if both sides know the consequences, and use safety.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Sex is natural and so are your temptations, but not the choice to exploit the process and create your own decoy of "temptations".

Showing 1-15 of 43