ForumsWEPRJudging Problems in Olympics

44 8817
kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

yea i just watched the woman's gymnastics with Nastia Lukin and the uneven bar. that was totally unfair!!!!! she did a better technique and more accurate than the Chinese!! and when they did the tie breaker that was even more unfair!!! the progress that they showed was totally unacceptable. Nastia was supposed to get the gold medal!! also there have been reports that the judges were favoring the Chinese!! i saw in boxing it happened once. and they say that in other sports too!! i know that the judges arent Chinese but competitors like Russia are complaining!!!

so what do you think??? are their judging problems in the olympics??

• 44 Replies
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Yes i agree. I think Nastia's performance was way better.

But thats the way it goes unfortunately...

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

WEIRD! Corruption at Beijing! I don't believe it!

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

lol, to be completely honest I am highly suspect of the judging at certain Beijing events. In particular gymnastics. The judges appear to be under some kind of pressure but I shan't be specific...except that there have been problems with the trap shooting as well.

This, sadly, overshadows the events where it is clear that the Chinese are far far superior, for example, in weightlifting, and the womens' synchronised diving, as well as *some* of the gymnastic events.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Me too, skeptical o.o
They talked about it on the news as well.

When the Olympics took place in Atlanta, the US got a boost as well lol >_>

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I think there is a good deal of dodgy judging at this olympics. Our boxer who lost to the Chinese guy on points wasnt getting scored for clear shots. He said afterwards i had to work real hard for my points, they were giviing him them for free, and i think he was bang on. I mean the Chinese arent exactly the best on human rights, half their gymnasts were taken away from their families to be trained since they were 5 years of age, and the stadium was practically built with slave labour so no i dont think dodgy judging is too far a leap for the chinese officials.

kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

yea they should do something about this issue, were ever the olympics take place the home team seems to get the advantage. maybe because they were under pressure from the crowd cheering. like woody 7007 said, there has been a lot of points. i think GRB fought the chiniese and lost when they clearly won!! also the judging is outrageous with the US boxing when i think they lost to i think Ukraine. something should be done!!

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Its not the fact tha t the Us lost to Ukraine or that GB lost to China that annoys as they could have been better boxers but the fact that it wasnt scored properly is just rele annoying. Also (this is specific to the boxing) they shouldnt score the rounds electronically as the rounds progress which they do now. Instead each judge should score and then they discuss it at the end of the round which removes either freak scores annd it also evens out bias. That is how they score it in proffessional boxing and it works so why cant they do it at the Olympics?

kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

how about other events like the gymnastics and other competitions they were talking about. it is judged with judges and they sometimes just give a bad score just cause they are under pressure!! i love the olympics to death ever since i was introduced to it but the judging just gets me frustrated!!

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I dont hate the judging at the olympics i just hate the corrupt Chinese judges. When we(GBR) were tied second with a Chinese guy on one of the gymnastic events they gave the silver to him and the bronze to us even tho they got the exact same score of 15.725. It just seems too obvious really. O well when the olympics is in London the cheating Chinese wont have their way.

kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

hey thats right!!!! your country is going to have the advantage in 2012! that stinks! bet that US will still get more medals! happens because of the population!

Lilboi3000
Lilboi3000
230 posts
Nomad

Was anyone watching the First USA v China basketball game? The judges were INCREDIBLY biased.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

I dont hate the judging at the olympics i just hate the corrupt Chinese judges. When we(GBR) were tied second with a Chinese guy on one of the gymnastic events they gave the silver to him and the bronze to us even tho they got the exact same score of 15.725. It just seems too obvious really. O well when the olympics is in London the cheating Chinese wont have their way.
# points:

1) The reason the Chinese gymnist got the silver was because of a tiebraker rule. That was a fair judgement about that.

2) The rule for judges in gymnastics is that none of the judges can be from a country that has a competitor in the competition. This is to prevent favoritism.

3) The only reason the Chinese are even close to the USA in the medal count is because of the home field advantage. I'd like to see them do the same in London.
Lilboi3000
Lilboi3000
230 posts
Nomad

Were not saying ALL judges are biased, just some. And you have only given one example, where as there are like 100 events.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

119 to be exact, but that's not the point. The Chinese stand no chance in the medal count because they have almost no competitors in track & field, most of which is still going on.

kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

basketball dosent have judges they have referees!!! ive been watching
basketball ever since i was three and i think the referees were fair!!
@Agent 86
the tiebreaker rule was totally unexceptable. thats what they did to Nastia Lukin in the womens uneven bars. that was unfair!! also i know what you are saying in having judges from other countries but one time in diving china made there way to be a judge and in many events they would give them a slight lead and reporters were complaining!!!

Showing 1-15 of 44