ForumsProgramming ForumI need some help

4 3009
Midmenj
Midmenj
216 posts
Nomad

I just recently got Flash CS3. i am new to gaming but i can make animations. i know the frame
stop code and i know the button good pretty good.

I just need help on somethings.
1.How do you make a sprite with no animation to it or in general how do you make one?
2.How can i make it so when the character hits the "door" it goes to the next frame?
3.How do i make the character go on the &quotlatform" say its a line and i don't want him to fall how do i make it so if he misses the platform he falls and he has to re-start?

those are some major questions i have and would appreciate it if people respond back to me.

• 4 Replies
LonLonRanch
LonLonRanch
172 posts
Nomad

Good to see you want to start programming, before we can help you however, can you tell us which version of actionscript you plan on using:

3.0 (Newer, better method of programming)
2.0 (Older, has a larger community)

Midmenj
Midmenj
216 posts
Nomad

AgentVance
AgentVance
3 posts
Nomad

I realy don't have any idea because i'm not an animation or game maker but i'm sure someone else can help.

LonLonRanch
LonLonRanch
172 posts
Nomad

Instead of giving you the lines of code that would do these things I figure you may be at the point where it will be most helpful to understand the programming process at a beginner level (knowing the programming interface, basic commands, etc)

Here are some good pages for flash tutorials:
Begginer Tutorial - Adobe
Kirupa.com
Actionscript.org
FlashKit.com

There is a lot of content in these pages so take your time
-And to make a graphic with no animation all you have to do is draw the image, and then convert it to a Symbol (f8) and select either MovieClip or Graphic.

Showing 1-4 of 4