ForumsSupport ForumWE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO choose if people can see certain bits of ur profile or who is allowed

19 4806
stickmansam
stickmansam
38 posts
Nomad

i mean i wanna stop a few people from seeing my account cos they are annoying i mean if i could id deffinitly block my freind list and game list and for most people the biography

• 19 Replies
Cyclone103
Cyclone103
9 posts
Nomad

They should make a block list. And all the people who are on it, cannot see your profile.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Why? Honestly, does it really matter who sees your friend's list or your game list? I understand privacy, but you're on the Internet with user names and junk. Besides, if you don't want people to see your birth date, etc. don't put them in!

This isn't Facebook. This is AG.

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

The block list is a good idea, but you really shouldn't put anything on your profile that you wouldn't want anybody but your friends to see.

stickmansam
stickmansam
38 posts
Nomad

umm ur right i shouldnt right down things if i dont want people to see it

stickmansam
stickmansam
38 posts
Nomad

but still i made a good idea

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yeah, next to the add friend button there should be an ignore button so you can block them.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Whats the point of blocking them from view? They could just log out then they can see it??

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yeah, that's why I disagree with blocking them from seeing it. I just want to block them from commenting, then they couldn't log out and see it.

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Plokkey brought up an awesome point! =D

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I already knew from when I read the threads title that someone would say something like "this isn't myspace" or something and they did on the second reply too.Anyways I don't really have an opinion on this idea.

Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

I don't think we should be able to block it, cause they can't really do anything besides spam and if they do just delete their comments, plus people won't really be able to make friends if they can't see peoples profiles and stuff, so more depressing people on the site...

rumen
rumen
307 posts
Nomad

Block list? People will just make new account and look at your profile if they want to.
There could be something like a list of people who are allowed to view your profile. But its way too private.. I mean no one, except few people, would be able to see your profile which means the reason you make it is gone.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

I already knew from when I read the threads title that someone would say something like "this isn't myspace" or something and they did on the second reply too

But it's true, no? This isn't necessarily a social networking site, where we use our real names, stats, etc.

Anywho, Rumen and plokkey bring up good points. Either they can log out and view your profile as strangers or they can make a new profile.

But... is anyone that desperate to see your profile? Seriously?
Maghterium
Maghterium
19 posts
Nomad

I think your right Stickmansman that we should be allowed to hide some parts of our account information because it would be better for only moderators and good friends to see your deeper information. That is my tought. Thank you for reading.

infernacron
infernacron
1,380 posts
Nomad

yes but the idea would take up too many bytes!

Showing 1-15 of 19