ForumsSupport ForumMessaging multiple users

10 2158
Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

I think that it would be a handy thing to be able to have the option of just sending one message to a bunch of people instead of having to go to each user's page and giving the message individually. However, so that people don't use this for spam, using this feature could just be worth 2 AP. This would help for people who run clubs or people who just want to tell all their friends something without having to go to each friend's page.

• 10 Replies
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

thats a good idea.but to prevent more spamming i think it should only be like to, 3-5 people at a time.

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Yeah, that would probably help, too.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Yea its a great Idea I had this idea but I never suggested it really.......

BUt it might end up in flooding other peoples pages.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

well, it might help if it was for no AP. Then spamers wouldn't use it and Ap isn't the point of the site anyway.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

This is sorta what the forum threads for groups are for though. It is encouraged that all announcements are made in the threads, so that only one post is needed, and yet many members can see it.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

I don't realy know of any messages that would be sent out to all members that would not be spam. Even if it was worth 0 AP, all anouncments would mostly be "Join my club, Hi, To all friends I am quitting, Take a look at this thread, please report my Screen name because I want to change it, invite please, check out this recon armor... woops sorry I kind of got onto xbox live messages...

Anyways I do not know of many messages that would be worth sending to everyone that is not spam.

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

I dont know carlie is right but those topics always get locked....

Flite
Flite
189 posts
Nomad

I predict trouble with this suggestion. As a few users before me have mentioned. I beleive this would attract some unwanted posts.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Carlie is right... For an announcement post it in the forums. And, of couse, spammers would make multiple profiles then spam on all of them... So sad...

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

Carlie said it all!!
Implementing a multiple destination messaging system would lead to further spamming and more work for us mods!!

The forums are still and will remain the best way to make your announcements!

Showing 1-10 of 10