ForumsThe TavernIchibon a Christian?????

2 2080
Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

For those of you have debated me on religous topics, even though I have been dormant awhile, know that I have said on several occasions that I am an atheist. I have trounced christian in there own backard belief system, not the religoun itself just the person. And I have been known to to use science or acedemia to disprove religous belief.

I would like to go on record saying that I'm totally wrong for the things I have done. I grew up in an environment that was very Baptist Christian and I should have known better. To users like pc123 who I have bashed for offering help on the forums, even though I still think you need some age on ya , I'm sorry.

"But Ichibon, what happened that changed your mind?"

About a month and a half ago I was in GNC picking up a prescription for my wife. They said it would take awhile so I decided to browse the store. I found the book section and glanced over them and nothing struck me at first. Then the magazines, but I felt an urge to go back over to the books. Then I noticed a book titled "23 minutes in Hell." Initially I laughed and thought,"You've got tobe kidding me." But dispite myself I picked it up and red through the first few pages. What I read stuck with me for the rest of the day.

So for a few weeks I have been periodically researching the Christian religoun a little more, not strongly but occassionaly. Then after I took my wife to the airport so she could go back home for a week, the next night I went online and just started searching youtube for ghost video's. You've all done it to. I came accros a user called 'saint birigitta' that had a lot of these type of video's. One video stood out above all others, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUKXo7TP_ts. Now, I'm not the type of person to get scared or the heebee geebee's when watching a video, but this did it for me.

After that I started looking for more about this video. After I found more about it, for some reason I called my cousin Micha. He's a youth minister and sometimes music guy in his church. I also happen to respect his opinion very much. So at 0030/12:30 I called him. And we talked for a long time about a lot of related stuff and that was it. Then last night I decided to hunt for the "23 minutes in Hell" book on you tube. Needless to say, I found it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HdugdTIS74. I watched up to the 7th video and the phone started to ring a little over half way through. By this point I was crying my eyes out. And right before I picked up the phone and hit pause, the last words I heard spoken by the guy was, "Jesus doesn't want anyone to go to hell, but you've got to make the choice." [Pause]. That nearly floored me.

The point is that before I went to bed last night I said the sinner's prayer and asked Jesus to come into the car of my life and take the wheel. And I tell ya what, I've been in the best mood all day. I've been a little more patient. A little more thoughtful. And I've been more complete than I have ever been. Even more complete than the day I met my wife.

Now my question to you is, do ya wanna go to heaven with me?
It sure would be cool if you did.

• 2 Replies
soyo678
soyo678
187 posts
Nomad

good for you man...Glad something made it's way to you.

gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

Wow, that is an amazing story. See what 23 Minutes in Hell can do?

Anyway, I'm here to offer my support as a fellow Christian.

Showing 1-2 of 2