ForumsWEPRThis is something Teenagers and kids around the world want to do.

37 5312
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

I was just on Yahoo and went to the topic about the 18 playing of Final Fantasy online. I then see this topic. I know you all want this to happen to you.

[url=http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/16-year-old-quits-school-to-play-video-game/1238119]

• 37 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Would he have better career prospects if he'd dropped out of school to be an actual guitarist? Time will tell.

rofl no. Most people who play GH can't play guitar for real, because they require quite different skill sets!

It's increasingly evident that some people just aren't suited to school and prefer computer games and it's also true that the profession gaming market is increasing in size. I am a little concerned however that this is just another example of growing markets not directly contributing to infrastructure and thus the preservation of quality of life, though this is more a general concern, seeing as the gaming industry has existed far beyond the realms of computer games for centuries.

But getting back to the roots is something that is increasingly urgent in this day and age.

You know drako, I think this article is actually quite important. I'm going to move it to World Events.
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

It is? I just posted this because it was funny! I should look for more topics that make me laugh more often then eh? I don't get why you want to play Guitar Hero though... I would go more for like Ratchet and Clank or Final Fantasy. Guitar Hero is boring! I press colorful keys to win. It's just like those baby things that you press to make funny sounds.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

At least back in the DDR days you could lose weight.I am actually taking lessons to learn how to play the real drums though.Also they plan on making a drum set that is almost exactly alike with the real thing.Its just missing one drum.Anyways it seems that video game addictions have become as bad as they get at this point.I never realized though how addicted some people can get.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Ah yes. Dance Dance Revolution. That phase of the hip teenager game's Era is over. It is now Guitar Hero. You know what I want to see? Flute hero. You can use it as a guitar if you hold it Guitar style. Now to play it, I haven't figured out.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Ahh! Its the second coming of Jesus Christ! Follow thee worthy leader!

J4son
J4son
405 posts
Nomad

So? He's a desperato geek.

I say AG and a real education is better than playing GH all day anyday.

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

[url=http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/new-game-enemy-takes-a-solid-day-to-defeat/1238418]

its like this... 18 hours straight!??! i mean seriously.. i have played video games for around 12 years (20 years old) and i think the most i played straight was 9-10 maybe 15 maybe.. gamers are getting a little out of hand today with the length they play and everything..

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

i agree with greatzulu638. People get to oeasliy addicted. You see people on cod4 on the 10th prestige and u think get a life.Also all those people who dies playing wow staright for 3 daus and not eating/drinking. Its a serious problem.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

rofl no. Most people who play GH can't play guitar for real, because they require quite different skill sets!

*cough I can play guitar cough and guitar hero cough*

Ha! And I thought I overplayed videogames.

Anyway, this will obviously become something to worry about in the future. Gaming is increasing rapidly, so I have no doubt that more kids will be pulling more of these. Stop this? Well, I don't think we could. It's too big of an industry to stop cold turkey. Even reducing a little bit of the activity in this industry would be quite...difficult to achieve.
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Well its not the industry that is to blame in my opinion. They produce games and if people continue to buy them they will conitnue to produce them. Its not the gaming industrys responsibility what the gamer does once he has bought the game. It is their fault they are sad and play it all day long.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

*cough I can play guitar cough and guitar hero cough*

Can you play both extremely well though with barely any errors? Well at least he gets money playing video games professionally. Still idiotic but he has money.
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I saw that article, that's insane.
Sure, he gets a ton of money, but I can't believe his parents let him quit school in order to play video games. Don't most parents want their kids to stay in school and get a good career, not still be living in their parent's basement at age 40 making $1000 dollars a year playing video games?

dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

One in four highschool students has an STD> Not related to topic but thought I'd share it anyway.

darkd00m
darkd00m
505 posts
Nomad

LMAO, i can't beleive his parents fell for it. This guy is a geek who wants nothing else but video games and his mothers basement.

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

haha thats great, very true. So he needed to drop out to play? What a joke. You can still pass highschool while playing All the time. What a lazy bum.

Showing 1-15 of 37