ForumsSupport ForumNewbie Section

18 2871
Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

I know there have topics on intro sections, but how about newbie section it would have all the rules and be friendly to ask that are commonly placed here, and get annoying. 0 AP would be rewarded as this would be support for [/b]basic[b] questions and intros. I really think this would help and it would makes the forums a more welcoming place.
-Drog

• 18 Replies
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Weel, it could help. it would keep people from saying dude you noob go read the rules.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yeah, it could help new members from being flamed for making a mistake in the forums. This is a pretty good idea.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Or, like most of the other forums, have an Introduction section of the forums. Again, like you mentioned, 0 AP would be awarded and people will have to drop by and say "Hi" or ask questions

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

I mainly posted this idea because it seems weird in comparison most forums, I also want to deter some of some of questions on this Support/Suggestion so I don't have to scroll through all these repeated "noob" topics to find a good suggestion.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

For reference by "it" I meant AG sorry about and sorry for the double post.

hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,089 posts
Nomad

i suppose ths could be useful...

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Yes, this could be very useful for the newbies when I first joined I barely had a clue about anything except for playing games lol.

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

this is a good idea. New people can go there and ask questions, but it all stays contained in one area...good idea, I like it.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

I think its a good idea very well thought Drognar!

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

As I think about the idea more, I realize it becomes a bit unnecessary. If there was a newbie section or an introduction section, what good would the guides already available be?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

A good idea, I like how it is a nice section for new people, and would only be worth 0AP so they have a chance to learn.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I thought I already suggested this a few monthes ago.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

and rejected...

But it is a good idea, though...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

No, actually it was welcomed with open arms by Asherlee, but Carlie never actually got around to seeing it.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

As I think about the idea more, I realize it becomes a bit unnecessary. If there was a newbie section or an introduction section, what good would the guides already available be?

All guides that contain basic information about this site would be placed in their respective sections, basic guides that apply to everything go in the newbie section. Most questions would asked at the newbie corner, unless its complicated then it would go to suppport/suggestions. I'm just get sicked of repeated "help me!!!" topics that pile up here everyday they cover up good idea that might really help site instead of just one person would probably didn't try in the first place.
Showing 1-15 of 18