ForumsWEPRWe just need to stand together

23 5642
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

We have the power to grow and make a change. We can stand together and demand to wear what we want and not them machine forming uniforms in school. We can stand and demand better education. We can stop that Wall-Mart from taking over our small peacefull community. We can comfort our brothers and sisters fighting our war. We can take down those suing the simple innocent man. We can stand against the drugs and sex that rot the ill-minded children. We can lower gas prices. We can stop any war. We can bring peace to the world. We can take away the power of the rich who force us to make them their riches by dieing for them. We can help anybody get back on their feet.

Together, we the simple people of this world can make any change big or small. The only problem, nobody wants to be "the one" to start the chain and when someone does attempt to start a chain fighting for you... you kick them and tell them it's hopelless as you spit in their face. Together we rise but Individually they heard us around like fat cattle waiting to be slain to feed the rich *******s who profit from war, profit from taking our donations, profit from killing our economy so they themselves may live comfortably.

Take a stand and join those fighting for you. Don't kick them down because you think they are dreaming to big. Society dreams small enough as it is.

I post this so that you may think about what you do to help yourself and those around you. It is easy to laugh at the person walking around telling everyone to do something crazy to over ride some stupid rule or event... even if you do think it would be nice to over ride it, but you laugh anyways because you beleive it is pointless. Maybe if less people thought like that and everyone was crazy, maybe we would get somewhere. You don't have to be much of anything to be succesful in making a change. Big or Small.

• 23 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

The main issue is that between competition and self-interest, the equilibrium between working for self and short-term benefit and for the group and longer-term benefit will always be just a little skewed to the former.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

The main issue is that between competition and self-interest

Blah competition does nothing.

If you want to change anything, you must start from the core where it all comes from. Or you will only make a temporary change and have your work gone to waste.

The core, is the system, in my opinion. What do you want to change?
You want unification, how do you plan to do such a thing in a competitive business world? It would not run. It is not applicable within the system.

We distrust, we are greedy, we are mean. We can never be united.

We are not and we have been united before. 10,000s of years ago. We weren't born any greedier every generation. Its seriously sad to say everyone is mean and greedy, I'd say most of us actually aren't! I'm not for one...>_>

If you know American history...we been united a few times there, but since the core was not changed, problems developed again. Slavery, civil war, etc.

Do you expect people NOT to be greedy here? Its pretty much what your thought in school. We are living in a world where you have to be better then the next guy so you can make money. People want to live ^^ No shit, we have greedy people.

What we have though, is self interest, but its way too exploited here.
thedemonlord
thedemonlord
26 posts
Nomad

i couldnt agree more with u mate someone needs to do something

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

I say greed is possessed by every human being, it's simply locked away somewhere in the back.

What exactly are we standing together for? I mean, it seems everytime we stand together, someone wants our downfall, and they will succeed! Granted, it's very general, and there's numerous times in history where being united meant something, but now... ehh, I could care less about being united

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

i couldnt agree more with u mate someone needs to do something

No everyone needs to do something. = )

but now... ehh, I could care less about being united

That is how most people think and its making people less and less independant. There seems to be no reason to unite because everyone thinks there is no reason.
Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

There seems to be no reason to unite because everyone thinks there is no reason.

i just wanna point out that this quote is redundant.

that is all.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I say greed is possessed by every human being, it's simply locked away somewhere in the back.

Ehh so in the back so no one ever sees it?
What reason do you have of saying this? :-$

"It is simply" doesn't cut it.
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

What reason do you have of saying this?

Well, it's my own belief...? Isn't that suffice? Why is it my own belief? Well, there's good and evil in all of us. Though broad categories, I'd categorize 'greed' under evil (that's just me though). Most people who do good, eventually shoo away evil, but it's not completely gone -- it's simply locked away. By locked away I mean, it's just too tiny to do anything until certain things decided to rile it up (i.e. something that makes you angry).
Showing 16-23 of 23